f1 in florida (2)

part twoooo
go read the first "f1 in florida" otherwise this shit won't make sense.

- - -

morning comes and i wake up alone. as i look around, the events of last night come flooding back to me.

"...you're all i've ever wanted."

i absolutely cannot believe that's a real sentence that noel said to me. i mean, let's be real and honest, buddy confessed his love for me. and i have to pretend like i have no idea because he thought i was asleep!
well
shit.

at least i have a moment to get my thoughts together because noel isn't in bed. in fact, he's not in the room at all.

i think back to his impromptu speech from last night.

"it just works. we just work. we fit so perfectly."
as much as it is strange to admit, i think he's right. him and i do work so well. there have been so many times when we didn't need to speak to communicate what we wanted to say. a glance, a nod, or a shrug would suffice.

"this is everything i've ever wanted."
his statements last night were seemingly so out of character for him. he is typically making fun of me or annoying me or whining to me. noel and i have never talked about deep shit, let alone our emotions. but this? it seemed so thought-out and genuine.

my analysis is interrupted by the sound of a hotel key card unlocking the door. i hastily grab my phone so i come across nonchalantly.

noel walks in the room holding two plates. he's surprised to see me awake. "oh shit! did i wake you up?"

"no you're all good." i reassure him. "what's all that?" i ask, nodding at the meals he's holding.

"the breakfast bar downstairs closes at 9:00, so i figured i'd grab you food because i was already grabbing some for me."

caught off guard by the kind gesture, i stutter out my response. "o-oh thankss."

luckily, he ignores my strange response and we dig into our extremely mediocre hotel breakfast. there is no mention of the fact that i woke up in his bed and definitely no mention of noel's late night confessional.

breakfast proceeds completely normally. we talk about yesterday's race and today's plans. i catch him up on this morning's trending page on twitter.

things take a slight turn when he asks, "when did i get in last night?"

i try my very best to stay calm and casual. "i don't know exactly, but i think it was pretty late." he shrugs my answer off and finishes his breakfast quietly.

- - -

by some miracle, the morning marches on without anymore awkwardness around last night.

noel isn't scheduled for any events until this evening, so we have all day to waste. there is a shopping mall a couple miles from our hotel and noel wants to check it out.

- - -

we find ourselves inside the urban outfitters at the mall. we are off in our respective sections, browsing. i grab a few shirts that i like and make my way to the dress racks.

all of a sudden, noel pops out from behind the rack. he holds up a pair of hot pink corduroy pants.
"look! i found some goofy ass pants for you."

i giggle at the outburst and take the pants from him. surprisingly, they are my size. i walk over to a nearby mirror and hold the pants up to my body. noel follows me and judges his selection on me.