stolen glances

requested by: @THOMASSANDERS123
this was such a cute idea and it reminded me of noel and aleena's halloween streams

- - -

if you had told me two years ago that i would be happily sharing an apartment with a gorgeous man who i get to call my own, i wouldn't believe you.

if you had told me two years ago that i would host my own successful culinary podcast in that same apartment, i definitely would never believe you. and yet, here i am. and there he is.

i was standing behind my white granite kitchen island as noel set the final adjustments for the cameras.

his hooded green eyes were trained on the small monitor, which responded as he tweaked the cameras' settings. i could see his toned forearms under the green long sleeve carhartt he wore. the sleeves were pushed up as a result of the hot industry grade studio lighting in our kitchen.

seemingly pleased with his work, noel ram his hand along the top of his head and turned to me. "you all set?"

"i could ask you the same question, handsome," i told him as he made his way to my side of the kitchen. he bumped his left shoulder against my right shoulder and told me to cut it out. the glint in his eyes told me he didn't mean a single word of it though.

i smiled down at my hands, took a deep breath, and smiled bright as i started my usual intro to the podcast.

"hello and welcome to: shitty chef to award winning artiste. a rags to riches story that takes place in the kitchen. i'm your host, y/n... have any of you seen the movie ratatouille? well today i will essentially be remy the rat as i lead my little assistant here through today's recipe." i made a sweeping gesture as i introduced noel as my assistant.

"i would like to introduce you to noel. everyone, this is noel. noel, this is everyone, well it's just a camera, but i swear people are on the other side!"

what i hadn't noticed through my intro shenanigans was that noel hadn't acknowledged the camera at all because he hadn't taken his eyes off of me. while i recited my usual intro, he had leaned into his right hand and watched me speak and gesture and joke. he finally gathered himself in time to shift his weight so he was leaning more towards me.

"that's right. hello. it's so weird to be on this side of the camera. usually i'm behind it- capturing all the stunning footage." he glanced over at me with a grin and i brushed off his giddiness as his on-camera smile.

i added to his anecdote. "yes! i had to beg and negotiate for weeks to get him to come on as a guest, but i finally did it. for anyone wondering, F1 races will be the only thing on our tv for the next two weeks." i play-rolled my eyes at the last part.

noel turned to me, acting hurt. "shut up. you secretly like them."

i mocked his pretend pain and shot back, "shut up. i'm hungry as shit. can we start already?"

noel laughed and agreed.

- - -

"okay noel, question: can i trust you to do the dressing allllll by yourself?" i looked at the camera with a look that screamed girl absolutely not.

with my attention on the cameras, i didn't catch noel bite his lip and shake his head as he chuckled lightly to himself. "well i'll try my best. how about that?" he finally said to me.

"okay then. you'll need olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. " i instructed him.

- - -

it was only once noel had finished making a mess of literally every dish in my kitchen, that we were done with the recipe.

".. and it's as easy as that! with a few veggies, some beans, and a little dressing- you too can be enjoying some cowboy caviar!" noel and i were now stood in the middle of the chaos of dishes and cutlery. in front of us, sat our colorful bowl of cowboy caviar.

noel leaned way down and laid his head on the countertop so that he was eye to eye with the massive bowl of food. "can i eat it now? there's no way i just spent so longgg chopping vegetables for you, just to watch you eat this." noel protested.

i laughed at his lapse of maturity. "it's finally time." i told him as i grabbed the party size bag of tortilla chips off of the counter behind us. "shall we?"

"yes dude!" he exclaimed as he open the bag of chips. we both grabbed one and got a heaping scoop of "caviar." we linked arms first-bite-of-wedding-cake style.

- - -

i was happy with the episode we filmed. i had a good feeling about this one and it continued as i hit the upload button.

- - -

the next morning proceeded like every other morning. noel was up first. he showered and made breakfast before i was even out of bed.

he came in with a cup of cut up fruit for me to eat while i scrolled on my phone. that's how i stayed as noel got himself ready to go record his podcast with cody.

i could smell his cologne as he bent down to kiss me before heading out the door. i brought my hand up to his cheek, causing him to pause.

"i love you, handsome."

"i love you too, beautiful."

i watched as he made his way to the front door. "drive safe!" i called after him.

- - -

by now, the episode of my podcast had been up on spotify and youtube for like 16 hours. let's see what everyone thinks of this week's episode.

safetynetnoel: stopppp you guys are too cute!! 🥰❤️

millerautosports: i want someone to look at me the way noel looks at her

noeleenastan: is anyone also seeing the way noel is constantly irl heart eyes emoji? ❤️❤️🥰😍

after reading the comments, i replay the episode to see what everyone is talking about.

when i did that, everything clicked. the footage suddenly felt all to intimate to have on the internet. there noel was, looking at me like i was the only person in the world. you could tell that he was head over heels from just looking at one frame of the video.

as i watched through the rest of the footage, i replayed memories of us in my mind. all the times that it felt like the world outside fell away and it was just him and i. when he would come rest his head on my shoulder while i cook dinner. things as simple as seeing the excitement in his eyes when he talks about something he loves. and moments as common as feeling his arms wrap around me every night before i fall asleep.

i love him. so much. every day i fall impossibly harder for the man and according to this week's episode, he feels that same way about me.

-
-
-

i hope you like ittt