CHAPTER 2

The rest of the day went pretty well. Peter finally had some fun with the others. Heléne was her funny self, always running around, smiling and laughing. The day quickly came to an end.

"Goodbye Amy!" Frida waved goodbye to a little girl before blocking the door with a box.
"It's so hot in here, we better let the door open Anna."

"Yes! I'll make sure no children go outside." She yelled over the huge noise.

It was always like that at this time. End of day, too much tiredness, too much everything. It was even worse when it was hot outside.

"Please...Shushh..." Frida said slowly as she quickly picked up some toys. "You have to learn to clean up after all the playing!" she exclaimed to no one in particular.

Most of the children were gone around 6.00 pm. There were only five children left so Anna proposed to do some drawings. The children were all sitting around a round table when suddenly Heléne dropped her pen and went running to the front door.

"DADDYYYYY!" she yelled.

Frida watched as a huge smile made its way across Agnetha's face. The brunette had her back to the door but she heard the man footsteps behind her. When she turned around, her arm pushed the pencil jar which fell on the floor and twenty pens went flying all around.

"Oh no..." she said without looking up and knelt down to clean up her mess.

"Let me help you." a soft voice said and Frida immediately looked up.

OH MY GOD. She was met with a beautiful set of brown eyes looking right back at her. That's when she realised her fingers were brushing against other fingers. She instantly dropped the pen she was holding.

"Oh." she felt so stupid so she bend her head to take it again but her head directly hit the man's one.

"Well..." he said with a big smile and it sent butterflies to Frida's stomach.

"I'm...I'm-"

Agnetha looked between the two of them and decided they definitely needed help.
"She's the colleague I told you about this morning!"

Benny suddenly took his eyes off Frida and smiled at Agnetha.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Benny. Benny Andersson."
Instead of extending his hand like this morning, he just stood there awkwardly.

"Hmm, I'm Frida."

"No!" Peter chimed in. "She's Super Anni-frid!"

Frida laughed nervously.

"Come on, Peter and Heléne go take your clothes." Anna said, giving Frida a knowing look.

The brunette rolled her eyes at her best friend but led Benny to the front door. They were alone and awkward. Yes, that one way to put it.

"So..." Benny began but his voice died.

"So, indeed." Frida said nervously.

The thing was, she was never nervous. Like never. And right now, all she wanted to do was kiss the man before her or run as far away as possible. No, the latter. Definitely, the latter.

"Were they good?" he asked, looking everywhere but at her.

"Oh yes! They're really good children." The brunette looked in the room where Agnetha was doing some weird things with her hands. Probably telling her to ask him out.

"I'm glad then." He cleared his throat and moved from one foot to the other.

"Listen, I know this may sound-"