His Gandhi Dadu

"Chachi, what a surprise! Oh! Mom must have forgotten after keeping her phone. It's not at all a bother. Rajveer and I are coming. No, Raj won't mind. He is a shopaholic and you know how much I love shopping. Wait for us. Anyway, it would be a change for me. I am only getting bored at home since our return here." Mrs. Singh was in Phoenix Marketcity when she called Richa to know the taste of the Khandelwal family. Earlier she only wanted to give Lalit and Simi some alone time so she told Ms. Jenny to take her to the mall. But later when the secretary left, she realized she knew nothing about the Khandelwal families' taste. Though she had accompanied her elder sister-in-law for Richa's bridal shopping when Richa and Lalit's wedding was fixed, she never paid much attention and later, things didn't go as expected. She tried reaching her sister-in-law, but her call went unattended and got forwarded to her niece, Richa.

She was checking the latest ladies' collection when Richa and Rajveer joined her.

"Chachi, I am happy to see you moving on in life." Richa sobbed, hugging her aunt while Rajveer stood a step back to let them have their moment. He was aware that it was Richa's second interaction with any of her parental family from the time they got married. Though Richa's third month has already started, he made sure to take her back to India to attend to Uncle's last rights despite the obstetrician's warning of unsafe traveling.

Flashback

30-Sep-2021, 1900 hours, Jeremy Apartments, Florida, USA.

The news of the demise of Pharmaceutical King, Mr. Tej Singh reached Rajveer after Simi and Siddharth's scandal in his old friend's Snapchat group. When he called his mother in India to confirm, Richa heard his conversation. She was already worried for her cousin, Simi, and broke down in tears, "Simu must be very alone. She needs me, Raj. My Chachu is gone. Can't I even see him for the last time?" She felt her family crumbled due to her wrong decision.

Seeing his elegant and usually quiet wife in tears he called his friend," Peter, you need to look for my replacement. Yes, for today's car racing. I am aware of the consequences. Yes, even if it means the end of my career, family matters! Thank you." While on call, he was already online confirming the next available flight to Mumbai, India.

"Raj, did you forget what your Dadu said?" Richa cried out. She looked embarrassed and pitiful.

'Nothing will go wrong, do you believe me?" Rajveer whispered.

"I do, but he warned us to never show face again"

'Silly girl, with his great-grandchild in your belly, do you think he will have the heart to repeat those words? Moreover, Mom said Dadu regretted his decision later. That was his instant reaction of anger. We kept his words in respect. Now go and start packing. We don't have much time, the next flight is in two hours." Rajveer filled in his credit card details and confirmed their tickets. Though Richa breathed a sigh of relief as she watched Rajveer taking out their suitcases to pack their belongings, she was aware he did it for her sake.

Flashback ends

"Richa, my child. Thank you for coming, you came alone?" Mrs. Tejinder Kaur asked. Though Richa's heart ached to see her aunt in sober colors, she thought to not mention it. "How could he let me drive? Raj drove me." Hearing his name, Rajveer bowed his head and reached to touch the old Ladies' feet.

"Go....God bless you. I am sorry, I bothered your work." Mrs. Singh replied after a few seconds of silence. Lalit and Rajveer resemble each other a lot. If their posture and nature won't different, it would've been difficult to identify them, as strangers.

"You confused him with Lalit, didn't you Chachi?" Richa smiled at her response.

"No" Mrs. Singh was embarrassed.