Ch. 1

Cobalt jolted awake. What time was it? 7:39. 6 minutes till their appointment. Frick.

They frantically threw the covers off their body and rushed to get dressed, brush their teeth, and get some semblance of breakfast made before rushing out the door at full speed, swinging around the lamp to turn the corner, and making a beeline to the tree.
By the time they got there, it was already 7:47, and everyone was already waiting for them. Lemon especially had a sour expression on his face, displeased by the fact Cobalt was just two minutes late. Cornflower, the caretaker, was there as well as Pierre, and Kade. The newcomers.

"Late again, I see." Lemon scoffed.
"Shut up, Lemon, I'm only two minutes late this time." They growled.
Cornflower shushed them as they all head off on patrol. They were to watch closely for anyone pink, as there had been rumors they could corrupt people and turn them pink as well.

The group split up, Lemon going with the newcomers, and Cornflower going with Cobalt to the caves. They felt so tired, the effects of all four all-nighters they had pulled finally sinking in. They shook themselves awake, and followed Cornflower out across a bridge. It was actually very nice that morning, finally not raining cats and dogs. They reflected on why they were even out here this early in the first place.

They were frustrated by the fact that as soon as they turned eighteen, the tree chose them of all people to be a guardian! They had plans! Aspirations! Dreams! All crushed by the overwhelming responsibilities of a guardian. At least they finally graduated high school...

Their thoughts were interrupted when Cornflower lead them into a cave. Some people had complained about seeing someone pink inside it, so of course, they had to investigate. At first, it looked like nobody was there, but as they went deeper, it was evident someone was here. As in the fact someone was literally there in front of them. Clothes disheveled and worn, the man looked homeless. He was grey, unlike the locals' description of him being pink. Odd. Either way, he was clearly in need of medical attention, As he seemed dehydrated or starved, and looked at them with an vacant, pained expression. Who.. was this? It didn't matter. He needed help. Immediately.

Cobalt pulled out a triangle, with Cornflower's permission, and walked over to the figure. They reached over to heal them.. but. Something happened. The triangle moved. The figure moved the triangle? Whatever happened, it was slammed deep into the poor guy's head. Pink seeped from the wound instead of the red blood you'd expect, and he started laughing. Changing shape. This new form towered above Cobalt, one of his eyes shut, and two large pink arms comprised of circles lifted him up off the ground.

Cobalt was in shock. What the hell just happened? The figure reached over to them, intent unreadable. Cornflower reacted quickly, pulling Cobalt out of his grasp and running like the wind. This seemed to anger the corrupted dude. He growled, and chased after them, a snarl on his face. As soon as he touched the water, it turned pink, spreading outwards. He broke the bridge in his frustration, and had to swim as he launched them both forward with the force of the impact. Cobalt landed in the pink water, and cried out in pain, as it burned their skin. They pulled themself out of the water and onto a small island, as Cornflower swam towards them. Was she not hurt by it??

Cornflower carried them to the shore, and they started running towards the tree. However, when the corrupted person noticed it.. something unsettled Cobalt with the way he looked at it. They stood up, and ran to get to the tree before him. It was in vain, however, as he was much faster with his pink shape-arms. He yanked the tree out of the ground, only to slam it back into the ground upside down. From there onward... it was blurry. There were pink projectiles, boss music... the other three guardians showed up in time to see the tower constructed by the now corrupted tree. Level after level, appearing out of thin air. They used the dash ability to climb the tower.. but after the pink dude defeated them... something happened.