Ch. 2

-Rosemary's POV-
Rosemary woke up. Something felt... off. He sat up, pushing the velvet blankets off of him, and looked around. Right... that had happened. He was a king now. For some reason it didn't feel right, like it was some fantastic dream. But... it didn't really feel like a dream. He could feel stuff, pain, even, as he pinched himself to be sure- so it couldn't be a dream. Right?

He stood up, looking around. He found his wardrobe, and pulled out some clothes to try on. After not liking anything he tried on, he finally found something he recognized. A sweater, worn, but in otherwise good condition. His sweater. He smiled, putting it on, and found a cape that complimented it. He put the crown on, uncertain, but eventually walked out of the room and into the hall.

It was... quiet. Too quiet. Where was everyone? He decided to see if Cobalt was still in the guest room. He knocked on the door before opening it, but realized he should probably have waited for an answer, or, no answer in this case, as they were still asleep. He considered waking them up, but decided against it in the end. But not before looking at them a little longer. They were quite pretty. Eventually he left the room, looking elsewhere.

-Cobalt's POV-
Cobalt woke up to sunlight in their face. Wait, sunlight? They jolted up, looking at the clock. 8:57. 8:57?!? They were so late! They jumped out of bed- only to remember that they were in the tower. They didn't need to be anywhere... not today. They relaxed, looking around. Weren't they in a different room before..? This room looked awfully like their home, but pink... and bigger. The wardrobe was even in the same place... just fancier and with more stuff in it. It was very unsettling.

They opened the door. Unlocked. Wasn't it locked the night before? Whatever. They looked down the hall, hearing footsteps. They sounded frantic. Cobalt closed the door again and went back to the wardrobe. Many familiar clothing items were there... tinted in pink. Odd. They picked out some casual clothing, boots, jeans, and flannel jacket over a t-shirt with a logo. They put them on and went to look in a full-length mirror that they were sure was not there five seconds ago.

That was when they noticed something horrifying. Their entire body, even their hair and eyes, was pink. Pink! They were corrupted. They tried desperately to rub it off, take the pink away. But nothing happened. They took a deep breath, tears forming in their eyes. They sat down, wiping the tears away, and covering their face.

A few minutes passed, and the feeling of terror just got worse. But, at some point, there came a knock at the door. They stopped sobbing, and rubbed their eyes.
"H-hello?" They asked.

Rosemary opened the door, worry on his face.
"Are you alright..?" He asked, voice gentle.
"N-no.." they replied truthfully.

He walked over and sat down next to them. They looked up at him confused.
"What's wrong?" He said, brushing a tear off of their cheek.
"I-i- I don't know." They sniffed. "I didn't want to be corrupted- I-"
"Hey, it's okay, calm down. It's not your fault... It's mine. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started this mess in the first place..." He hugged them gently, trying to comfort them, and maybe himself too. He didn't exactly want this all to happen, after all.

Cobalt hugged back, sobbing. They didn't know what to say, so they just cried. At least it helped. Eventually, they both calmed down, sitting in comfortable silence. Rosemary closed his eyes, sighing, as Cobalt leaned against him.
"So... You feeling better?" He asked quietly.
"Yeah. Thanks." Cobalt replied.

He stood up, offering his hand. "Want to go explore? I haven't seen much of this place.. And I doubt you have either."
"Sure, why not." Cobalt smiled, taking his hand and standing up.

They left the room, and wandered the halls. Since there was nobody to stop them, they entered every room. Some were bedrooms, like theirs, but unoccupied. Others had instruments, bookshelves, desks, offices- and the like. There were some bathrooms, balconies, and other things, as well as an organ, surprisingly.