Ch. 3

Lemon woke up groggily, the hard floor underneath him cold. He got up slowly, looking over to see where Pierre and Kade were.
They had already woken up, and were chatting quietly. Cornflower was nowhere in sight.
"O-oh, you're awake! Thank goodness..." Kade sighed. "Oh... Your h-hand.." They seemed to shrink away, scared.
His hand was pink. Just the top half though...
"Don't worry about it. If push comes to shove and I get corrupted then I'll make sure I'm a safe distance away when it does happen." Lemon reassured them.
"O-okay..."

Lemon looked around again. They were on a small stone outcropping on the volcano. A sailor and his ship was in the water a few feet away.
"What happened while I was... Unconscious?" He asked.
"Well..." Pierre hesitated. "The big bad guy from earlier corrupted the volcano, and... Everything else. Cobalt is nowhere to be found. Also it's been a whole day since that happened... We were really starting to worry!" She said.
"Oh... Dang. Where do you think they ended up?"
"I-i think they might have fallen in the sea... Like you did. Which means they could also be..." She didn't finish her sentence.
"Typical of them getting into messes... I bet it's even their fault."
"Oh, don't say that! They wouldn't do anything on purpose!" Pierre argued.

She pinned her orange hair into a ponytail, and looked up at the volcano.
"Besides. We have... A job to do..." She gulped looking at the size of the volcano, and the corrupted triangle hanging over the top.

Kade nodded in agreement, and the three waved farewell to the sailor and entered through a cave.

"Pretty sure there's a way to the top from here..." Kade said, fumbling with their jade green bandana.
"Yeah." Lemon agreed. "I've been through here before, I know the way."

They walked deeper into the cave, the area getting darker and darker as they went in. But to Lemon's surprise, there was a dead end.
"What? I could've sworn this was the right way..."
The other two looked at each other in worry. Lemon touched the wall, pushing on it a little. It started to crumble.
"It's fake..." Why would there be a fake wall here? Lemon tried pushing on it a little more, but was interrupted by a low hissing sound. Several corrupted snakes came into view, wrapping around Lemon's legs.
"Agh! Snakes!" He yelled, attempting to brush them off. "Ow! Ow they hurt to touch!"

A tall pink figure walked over before Pierre and Kade could muster up the courage to help, and lifted Lemon off the floor.
"I'm sorry, but that area is off-limits now. King's orders."
Lemon struggled, and the tall snake man summoned pink objects that he used to ward the others off. They tried to get closer, but the pink objects stung incredibly.
While they were busy, the man held down Lemon to examine the pink on his hand.
"Let me go! W-who even are you, anyway?!?" Lemon yelled, failing to escape.
"My name is Vernon. By any chance, are you a guardian?"
"Uh, duh! Why do you care?"
"Oh... Interesting. I didn't know you could get corrupted! I'll have to keep an eye on you." He smiled. "I suppose you can.. Enter."

He dropped Lemon onto the floor and disappeared into the shadows. Lemon looked around as the snakes left, and the pink objects faded. Kade and Pierre rushed over to him to see if he was alright.

He stood up, and brushed himself off. Out of nowhere, a triangle flew over and knocked the fake wall down. It served as a light source for them to move onward. After a half hour of walking, they reached a little gateway. they entered, and music started playing. Pink projectiles flowed to the music, and if they touched it, it would sting, like all the others.

After dealing with a few of these, they came across a mushroom. The little triangle pulled a cord, and the mushroom started glowing. All the others glowed too, lighting up the cavern.
"What the hell?" Lemon gasped.
"This is amazing!" Kade exclaimed.
"Yeah!" Pierre agreed.