Chapter 7

"Hello! Prince Luciano!"

Sponsored Content

My voice was more cheerful than ever because I was full of confidence.

A grin formed out of nowhere.

I wonder if my youthfulness was too much, Prince Luciano gave me a colder gaze than usual.

"What's going on?"

"I brought you a present."

When I answered with a smile, he just stared at me indifferently.

Nowhere in his face showed the slightest hint of anticipation.

I would be exhausted if I expected a response, so I held out my basket first.

"Here you go."

Prince Luciano only looked at me with his arms folded and had no intention of receiving it.

But it was okay.

That expressionless expression would change to ecstatic soon!

"Ta-da!"

The cloth covering the basket was removed, revealing a bunch of puffy orange colored muffins.

Prince Luciano stared blankly at the muffin, then looked at me and frowned.

Seeing the look on her face that seemed to ask 'What is this?', I smiled even more broadly.

Even though he looked indifferently now, I never doubted that Prince Luciano would be pleased with this ordinary gift.

The Prince Luciano in the original story was a person who didn't really like anything.

He was always nervous and took everything negatively.

The only thing he said was good and liked was this cheese muffin.

「"Luciano, try this."

Brianna suddenly stuck out a muffin.

"I'm fine."

As soon as he checked it, his words of refusal came out.

Luciano didn't like sweet things.

It was trivial, but he stayed away from those little things because he felt like it made him weak.

He suffered from assassination threats from an early age, and he shouldn't show a soft and weak appearance in order to survive.

He had to be cool and shrewd all the time.

So he stayed away from relaxing the slightest bit.

He always led a restrained life and was careful about what he ate.

In particular, sweet desserts and drinks were not even touched.

Sponsored Content

Sweetness was perfect for hiding poison.

One of the things he learned as a child was to beware of those who offered sweet things.

Such people underestimated young Luciano and thought that such things would make him easy to deal with.

So, he stayed away from a person who gave him something sweet.

Even now, if the person who brought out the muffins had been someone else, he would have thrown them away for bringing something useless.

"Don't be like that. It's a cheese muffin I made myself for you."

But Brianna no longer spoke outrageously.