Prologue

One year ago

"Your dad is still at the shop. I'll pick you up" Adam says on the other side of the phone. "Great thanks. I love you" Kurt answers and hears the other boy say "I love you too". Adam is still in Lima, Ohio, while Kurt is in New York at the airport, currently searching the right way to his gate.

School kept Kurt busy. He had no time to visit his hometown for half a year. He only phoned with his family and facetimed with his boyfriend once in a while. Sure, these people wanted to visit him but he wouldn't have had enough time to spend with them.

The only two persons that Kurt is very close to at the moment and spends time with are Rachel and Justin.

Kurt and Rachel are best friends since primary school and planned their future together. New York, NYADA, Broadway. So of course they moved into an apartment together. At school they met Justin. Not long until the three of them were best friends and Justin moved in with them.

Since them the three friends are like a little family. That was two years ago.

But today Kurt flies back to Lima to see Burt, Finn and Carol again and spend the summer holidays with them. Not to mention the days he can spend with Adam on romantic dates and movie nights.

Right on time Kurt gets to the gate and directly on the plane. He takes place on his seat and gets comfortable with his phone, headphones and the latest vogue magazine.

10 minutes later the plane starts, rising high to the sky.

Kurt loves flying. It's magical how humans are able to be up in the sky, above the clouds.

Once the plane is up in the air Kurt starts his playlist and opens his magazine.

He's exited to finally kiss his boyfriend at the airport. He finally wants to hug his father, sing with his brother and eat at family dinner what he and Carol cooked with so much love.

The plane starts trembling after who knows how much time, Kurt lost the feeling for time while reading, but Kurt doesn't mind and concentrates about the article he reads. Might just be an air hole or two.

But the plane doesn't stop trembling. In fact it just gets worse so Kurt puts the vogue aside and turn off his music. He didn't realized just how much he zoned out.

People around him are moving furiously, yelling something to others. In one word: Chaos

Kurt turns around to the first person who's willing to make eye contact with him. "Sirry I zoned out. Could you tell me what's happening please?" the boy asks and luckily gets an answer.

Not chaotic but panic "The power plant broke and the pilot has to figure out where to land short handed". Then she turns around to a teenage boy, only a bit younger than Kurt. Maybe her son?

Finally some instructions and informations follow to wich Kurt listens closely while some other passengers are still panicking.

But there's no time to panic. It's the opposite actually because in situations like this it's best to keep a clean head which is easier said than done.

Kurt takes his life jacket, puts on the seat belt again and the oxygen mask as it's ordered. Between the instructions on what to do the pilot gives informations about the emergancy landing situations.

Kurt could feel his heart sink as he hears that they still didn't found a safe place to land and soon have to 'improvise' and take the best opportunity they get, hoping it's safe to some extend.

Now the boy has to wait and hope that everything will turn out just fine. There's nothing else he can do now. He can't even text Adam or his family since the plane is on emergancy mode and the network isn't working.

The plane sinks lower and lower while Kurts breath gets heavier and faster, almost hyperventilating. A mix of panic and the adrenaline rushes through his whole body.

The plane touches the ground and the plane starts trembling even more. It's the last thing Kurt notices before everything around him goes black.