The Deans and The Tribrid

[The next day, Jace and Cassie are outside packing up the tent.]

Jace: So, Cassie. Has your wolf come out yet?

Cassie: No, I don't understand why. They all activate at 10, why hasn't mine.

"What are you talking about, that's not how our curse activated." Klaus said looking at Jace in confusion.

"How did they activate?" Harry asked.

"When you take a human life, little brother." Kol looked at Harry in jealousy, he knew that Jace had lived an entire other life without him and the other Mikaelsons, but it still hurt. He knew that Harry means a lot to her, he could see. She had that look that she only reserved for family, a look of fondness, of love. But Kol knew that even if she had another little brother, she would always be his favorite sibling, even if she had daggered him a few times.

"It seems Nikki, that there are two types of werewolves. Our original type, where you have to kill to activate the gene, and a type that activates at a certain age. They are protectors, they can shift whenever they want. And they normally dedicate their lives to protecting humans. At least when they don't go around slaughtering each other." Jace explained to her vampire twin.

"So what type are you then?" Luna asked curiously.

"I believe I may be both, for the shifters they turn when they are 10, I turned when I was 5. I believe when I shifted my wolves may have merged. I was not a bound to the moon, but when I shifted, I still broke every bone in my body."

[Jace shrugged.]

Cassie: Although, I did get a letter from a school. It was weird, it was delivered by owl.

Jace: [Looking shocked] You got a letter from Hogwarts?

Cassie: How did you know that's what it's called?

Jace: I go there. [Cassie turns to her in shock] Guess that means that you're a witch then. Maybe that's why you haven't turned.

"So, they can't be both a wolf and a witch?" Prongs asked.

"Not normally no. You can be one of the other, but never both. That's why it was so shocking when Jace was revealed as a hybrid."

Cassie: But that doesn't make sense, you're both.

Jace: Yeh, but let's face it. I'm not exactly normal, am I. I mean, I have been able turn since I was 5.

Cassie: Then maybe, if we could figure out what triggered you to turn, then you could help me turn.

[Jace stands right in front of Cassie.]

Jace: And why would I want to do that. I am the hybrid, the most powerful of the wolves, and I will become the most powerful magic user. Why would I want there to be someone else like me?

Klaus laughed, "If I remember correctly Jem, you wanted to create an entire species of hybrids just as much as I did. I mean you did turn our first hybrid, didn't you?"

"That's before I knew what it was like to be one of the only hybrids, and being nearly alone for over a thousand years."

People at Hogwarts were confused, for all they knew she had her family with her for her entire life. Elijah knew the truth. She always felt afraid that the Mikaelsons would tell her that they weren't really family because they shared a different Father. She tried to distance herself from them, even daggering them. But as much as the argued and temporarily killed each other, They all loved each other. They were family. Always and forever.