Childhood Sweetheart

Hey..!
So here it is...!
The first chapter of my first book.
Hope you like it...😍
Happy reading!!

_______________________

Roma's pov :

" ROMI WAKE UP!!", my mom yelled from downstairs. I woke up from my bed and went to bathroom not wanting to face my mom's wrath. Hi everyone, I am Roma Verma aka Romi. I am a college student studying in third year of MBA. I am the only daughter to my parents, so they love me so much.

After my bath, I got ready and went downstairs to have my breakfast. I saw my father (Ravi Verma ) sitting on sofa and having his morning tea. " Good morning papa!!", I greeted him. " Good morning princess !", he replied.

I went towards kitchen to greet my mom ( Sumitra Verma ). "Good morning mumma!", I said. " Good morning! , can't you wake up early you are 24 now", mom said. "Oh! come on mumma!!, you know I hate early morning's", I said.

"Yes, I know you very well!, what will you do after you get married your mother-in-law would not be good as me", she told. I rolled my eyes at her. From the time I turned 22 I am hearing the same thing.

"Sumitra!, why are you scolding my princess?!", asked my saviour. "Ravi, you are the one who is spoiling her. For god sake she is 24 and she still don't know how to behave !", mom told to my father.

"Exactly, she is 24!! and she is still my baby!!"said my father. My mom shook her head in disbelief and went outside to prepare breakfast.

I hugged my father and yelled" I love you papa!!". My father laughed replied" I love you too my baby!".

We all were having our delicious breakfast. My mom is a great cook!!. " Well!, I have some good news to tell you guys", my father told. "What is it?!!", mom and I asked together.

Papa replied, " Guess what, Do you remember my best friend Abhay Malhothra, the business tycoon?!!". Hearing the name I stilled!!. " YES!!", my mom said.

"Well!, next week they are coming to India!. Their son Rishab Malhothra has set up his business in India, so they are going to stay here permanently!!" papa said.

" RISHABH!!", I whispered. A drop of tear rolled down my cheek, I quickly wiped it without anyone's notice.

" You remember Rishabh right Romi beta?!", papa asked me. " Yes papa!!", I replied.

I silently ate my breakfast, mumma and papa were talking about the Malhotra's about how they were excited to meet them after 14 years!!.

I went to my room to take my bag after finishing my breakfast.

I opened my wardrobe, took out the photo and a ring which I have kept safely.

A picture of me and Rishabh!!!. This photo was taken when I was 10 years old and the ring which he have given me before leaving!!.

Flashback

I knew Rishabh since I was child. Our father's were so close that they used to visit our home many times. I was five when papa joined me to Rishabh's school. I was so happy that me and Rishabh can go to school together.

I used enjoy his company. He also used to play lots of game with me. In school any of the boys would trouble me , Rishabh used to fight with them. He was so protective of me since when I was small.