3

(Small time skip)

On the bus, Malcolm got sat next to Dabney. No that he minds of course, je wouldn't mind sitting next to any of the Krelboynes. The only person he would have a problem with would be sitting next to Mr.Herkabe.

Malcolm has had a headache on and off since- well for a few months actually but this one has been lasting days.

"Hey Malcolm are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine Dabney."

"You haven't been answering any questions."

"What?"

"After singing for a while we decided to practice. Get our brains prepared."

"You do realize that once we get there the actual Octathlon doesn't start until the day after tomorrow?"

"You can never study too much."

"Right."

"You look exhausted Malcolm, you should get some sleep. You can use my pillow if you want?"

Weird Malcolm thinks. Dabney doesn't even like anyone to touch his pillow let alone use it. I must look like shit-

"Yeah okay, are you sure?"

"Of course! That's what friends do."

Dabney hands his pillow to Malcolm, he gets situated then closes his eyes. Malcolm forgot to bring his pillow, he brought a small blanket he found though. He rarely forgets too, with all the stress he's been under lately, he's been pushing away the simple things and eventually just forgetting them.

This morning he still wasn't talking to Lois so Hal drove him to school. He tried to make awkward small talk but Malcolm was to distracted to even notice. Before he got out of the car, Hal grabbed his arm and told him to call if anything happened. The small gesture actually made Malcolm feel a bit better about going. Knowing his dad would drive all that way if something did happen.

Malcolm opens his eyes, gasping causing everyone near him to look his way.

"Malcolm are you alright?"

"Can we stop? I think I'm gunna be sick."

"What?!"

The driver pulls the bus over and opens the doors allowing Malcolm to get out in the exact moment he empties his stomach.

Cynthia rushes out of the bus, along with Lloyd, Dabney and Mr.Herkabe.

"Malcolm are you okay?"

I'm so tired of people asking.

"What does it look like?"

"I'll get my ice pack."

"I have some medicine for car sickness and we have snack to get more things in your stomach."

"I have a barf bag you could use!"

At this point Malcolm can't even hear who's saying what. He couldn't care less either, could this be a sign that he should've just bailed?

Once he's done emptying his stomach he takes a drink out of the water bottle Mr.Herkabe gave him, then swishes it around before spitting it out. He gets back on the bus, everyone moved around so he could have his own seat in the back. Lloyd sitting in the seat across the isle from him, Cynthia in front of him and Stevie in the seat diagonal to him. He decided against trying to go back to sleep so he just listens to everyone elses conversations.

(Next chapter will be longer I swear-)