𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

— ACT ONE
( nothing ever lasts forever )

Flora had to gather the courage to go to school today

Flora had to gather the courage to go to school today. Even though she hated Hawkins High, she promised Chrissy that she would talk to Eddie today and Flora never breaks any promises. She'd do anything for a friend, especially Chrissy.

So with that being said, Flora gathered the courage to sit up in her bed, rubbing at her tired eyes. She then let a groan slip pass her lips as she stood up from the bed, noticing that it had been lighter than normal outside. Her eyes widened as she looked over at the big red numbers on her alarm clock. It had been at least twenty after.

"Fuck, Lucas!" She screamed at her brother, tripping over the pant leg as she tried to remove her pants. As she hit the floor, she landed with a thud which made her mom hurry towards her room "Flora! Are you okay, honey?" Flora nodded as she pulled herself off the floor after removing her pants.

"Yes, momma. Now please leave and tell Lucas to get ready." That's when Sue looked at her daughter with a sorry look on her face. "He already left..." Flora paused for a second as she looked through some clothes to wear. Lucas never caught a ride with anyone else to school.

"What do you mean?" Flora spoke through gritted teeth, her head tilting at an angle as she looked at her mother. "I gave him a ride." Flora's mouth went agape as she looked over at her mother, arms crossed to her chest as she stood in front of her mom.

"Mom! And you didn't wake me up, like, at all?! Are you serious?" Flora held herself back from yelling so she just woke whisper-shouted at her mom as she slid a white tube top down her figure, adjusting it once it covered up her chest. "I'm sorry, honey! I thought you were sick and you came home late last night so i was just gonna have you sleep in today."

Flora looked at her mom as she grabbed her favorite pair of jeans from her pile of clothing "Well, since i'm already getting ready, i guess i'm going." She mumbled as she slipped her legs into both pant legs, hurrying to button and zip them as her mom left the room. Flora cleared her throat as she sat on the edge of her bed, slipping on her red converse Lucas had gifted her.

It took her a second but, she got up and grabbed her bag that had been full of books mostly which made it even heavier than it was supposed to be. She slammed the door of her room shut behind her before walking towards the door. "I'm leaving, mom. Bye. Love you." was all she said before leaving the home, heading towards her car.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"So, how was your study session with Eddie Munson last night?" Flora looked over at Chrissy as they walked down the hallway and towards their next class. Flora's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, what study session? Flora and Eddie didn't end up having one, how was she gonna explain that to Chrissy.