𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

— ACT FIVE
( nothing ever lasts forever )

— ACT FIVE ( nothing ever lasts forever )

"It was here. Right here, i swear on my life it was." Scarlett let out a shaky sigh as Max stood next to her, her friends gathered behind her with their flashlights pointing towards the wall where the grandfather clock supposedly was. "She's right. It was here."

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked as Scarlett turned around to face her, her eyes glossing over "What, you don't believe me? Yes, it was there." Scarlett turned back around as she then heard the clock chiming again, visions of her and Max finding the clock for the first time in the school hallway.

"It looked so real." Max said in a shaky voice as she stared at the wall in front of her, no grandfather clock to be seen. "And then when we got closer, suddenly we just.... we woke up." Scarlett looked down at her feet as she quickly wiped the tears falling from her eye and onto the floor below them.

"It was like they were in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin said quietly as he looked over at his friends and as he did so, Scarlett looked over at Max. They both came to a realization that they were gonna die, both tomorrow. Scarlett quickly sighed as she turned towards the group of friends, almost getting blinded by Dustins flashlight.

"That's not even the bad part." She said quietly as she quickly rushed towards the room, her friends following behind her. That's when she stood behind the desk, Max joining her. That's when she grabbed ahold of the files and sat them in front of her friends.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then.." Robin brought the file closer to her as she looked up at Max, Nancy shifting herself so that she was standing behind Robin to get a better view of the file in front of her.

"Then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Very.. Bad things. From their past. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." Scarlett managed to speak out as she used the desk for support, feeling a bit lightheaded from when the both of them found the grandfather clock in the middle of the school hallway.

"Vecna's Curse." Robin mumbled as she looked up at the dark haired girl, the two meeting eyes. Scarlett looked away, wanting to avoid all eye contact as she sniffled, wiping at her previously tear stained cheeks. "Chrissy headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I don't know about Max but... i've been having them for six days." The room seemed to go quiet once Scarlett told them, Steve, he looked worried, not only for Scarlett but for Max as well.

"Five days. Mine started five days ago." Max admitted as all eyes reached her.

"I don't know how long i have, how long we have. All i know is that for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And we both just saw that goddamn clock, so.." Scarlett choked out as she felt something roll down her cheek. She knew it was her own tears but she couldn't stop herself from crying, this situation sucked.