Whats it worth

~Chapter 11~
                     what's it worth

Chases POV:

Dr.Jones: "we have your scans, Charli"

Her scans? They have them? Her scans determine whether the chemo has been working or failing.

She has been through 2 terrible rounds of chemo. I really really hope they weren't for nothing. I really hope her tumor has gotten smaller.

If not... I don't know. I just don't know.

Charli: "you have my scans?? Well what are you waiting for? Show me!"

Maybe we should wait for Delilah and Ivan to come back from work. I feel like this is important

Chase: "should we wait-"
Charli: "No. No. I need to see the scans. I can't wait any longer."

I can tell she's nervous. I would be too. Well- I am. It would be nice to have some good news after everything she's been through.

Chase: "Are you sure."

She quickly nodded

The doctors came in and put the scans up to show her, I didn't know how to read CT scans so I didn't know what to think

Dr.Jones: "unfortunately... your tumor hasn't gotten any smaller..."

Fuck?! Seriously! Nothing? So basically she did all this for nothing. Absolutely nothing? Nothing has changed??

Dr.jones: "but the good news is, it hasn't gotten any bigger either"

It will get bigger if we don't do something that will work.

I looked at Charli and she didn't look sad or angry. She looked nothing

Chase: "so what is this? A scam? Jesus. You guys put her on every drug you own and nothing has happened?? I'm just wondering how much stronger this chemo can get. Because so far the cancer isn't killing her, the only thing that's killing her is you! She has been through hell and you guys can't even do your job-"

I felt charli squeeze my hand. I looked at her and the look she gave me made me burst into tears

Chase: "I'm sorry"
I said to the doctors

Chase: "please don't take that personally"

I don't know what else to do. Who else to blame.

Dr.Jones: "this isn't terrible news. It means it isn't getting any bigger. That isn't bad. We still have a plan. We will continue with the chemo-radiation therapy until we see progress."

More chemo that might not work? They're gonna kill her.

Chase: "and what if the chemo therapy doesn't work."
Dr.jones: "If that doesn't work, we will do surgery if you are willing. We really hope it doesn't come down to that."

Why not?

Charli: "why can't I have the surgery now?"
Dr.jones: "the surgery to remove that tumor is very dangerous and there's a good chance you won't make it. Your body isn't strong enough to take it yet. If you had the surgery now, the odds wouldn't be in your favour."

When have they been in her favour?

Charli: "okay. Thanks"