Spar

The metal swords clanged as they came in contact, both Lin and Kya giving it their best.

"Woo! Go, Beifong!" Korra shouted from the sidelines.

Lin lunged forward, swinging the sword. Kya gasped and jumped backward.

"Nice one, Aunt Kya!" Ikki yelled.

Kya swung her sword at Lin, but Lin dodged it. She hooked Kya's ankle with her own, causing her to fall.

However, Lin caught her by the waist. "This is what a winner looks like." She said in Kya's face.

Kya regained her footing and pushed Lin away from her. Lin was immediately on the defense, swinging her sword at Kya.

Lin swept her sword at Kya's feet trying to knock her off balance again. Kya jumped, and caught Lin's sword with her own, closing the distance between them a bit.

"Can't believe they talked you into this and you're gonna lose." Kya taunted.

"Sure." Lin swung her sword fast, but Kya met it with her own.

Their swords were against each other, pushing each other back. Kya smirked as their faces got closer to each other.

Kya pushed with more force, making Lin stumble back.

Lin tripped over a rock, after all, the rule was no bending. She fell to the ground and dropped her sword.

Kya stepped forward. She put the tip of her sword underneath Lin's chin and lifted her head.

"This is what a winner looks like, Chief."

Lin gazed at Kya with her mouth open in surprise.

"Yay! Aunt Kya won!" Ikki jumped onto Kya's back, hugging her. Kya dropped her sword to her side "Thank you, Ikki." She chuckled.

"Need help up?" Kya joked at Lin.

Lin shook her head with a small smile as she stood up.

"You sure put up a fight, Beifong." Korra punched Lin's arms a couple of times.

"That was fun, I'll have to beat you again sometime." Kya joked.

"Yeah, yeah. This was fun, but I have to go. I work tomorrow and it's getting late." Lin said.

She started walking towards the docks. "Hey, Lin!" She heard behind her.

Lin looked back and Kya was staring at her.

"Call me sometime. Since I'm back in town, it might be nice to catch up." Kya said.

Lin smiled and nodded her head.

Lin sat on the stool, sipping from her glass. Simply people watching in the bar.

She sat the empty glass down and signaled for the bartender to fill it again.

"What're you drinking for tonight?" They asked.

Lin merely shrugged her shoulders. She looked down at the counter before pulling her phone out.

"Hey, I uh, I know it's late, and you're probably sleeping but, I'm at the bar downtown. I'm probably going to be here for another hour or so, so if you get this message.. maybe join me for a drink?" Lin hung up the phone.

She put her phone on the counter and sighed. "Hey, can I- can I get a couple of shots?" She asked the bartender.

The bartender sat the shots in front of Lin.

Lin held it up and looked at it. She took a deep breath before launching it into the back of her throat.

She furrowed her eyebrows for a second, then ordered two more.