Journal Entry 13

May 8th, 1348 (Night)

Dear Buttons. 

        Mother and I lay here next to Papa, in his last moments. I stopped trying to hold back tears and let them flow as freely as they would like. 

Papa stopped trying to hold back crying out, or maybe the pain became too unbearable. With every painful cry my heart fell. Mother sobbed through out the day and night. I look at Papa's face.

The black spots, the sweat, red eyes...he forces a smile and I smile back and begin crying harder. That smile told me that he's gone but we will be together soon. He grabbed my hand and I watched his breathing slow. 

Mother rushed over and layed her head on his chest. "I love you." I muttered before his breathing stopped. I kept my teary eyes on his face, willing him to wake up...

but I knew it was over. I moved my fingers down his cheek then his chin and kissed his forehead. 

"BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!" The man yelled, passing through outside. Mother and I got up, we didn't say a word. We just listened to the harsh command. They threw the lifeless body into the wagon.

I ran out of tears to cry. 

Suddenly a fever fell up on me and I felt over my body for any swellings... I found one under my arms and another on my thigh. I smiled bringing tears back to my eyes. 

"I will be with you soon Papa."