chapter 6

Exactly three days after his conversation with Sunoo, Sunghoon once again felt observed. This time, though, he knew it was Heeseung; he could always tell when it was Heeseung. However, for the first time since he met Heeseung, he was intentionally avoiding him. Heeseung’s eyes felt different than usual, and Sunghoon knew that meant he hadn’t let go of their conversation from the last time they had sex. The fact that it had taken three days for Heeseung to even attempt to bring it up told Sunghoon he probably had waited for Sunghoon to bring it up himself.

That was just not going to happen.

If it was up to Sunghoon, they would not be picking up that conversation, ever. Avoiding Heeseung, yet, was not a particularly easy task. First of all, they worked together, and even if they had individual schedules, they also lived together. There was just no way to completely escape an encounter with Heeseung, which did not mean Sunghoon wouldn’t try. He couldn’t even say he’d been able to relax since that conversation, and that was without having to think about Heeseung. Well, more than he already did. That was a different thing, though. Related, but not the same. 

Surprisingly, Sunghoon managed to avoid Heeseung for two more days, but it seemed evident to everyone by that point that something was up. Sunghoon was on edge almost at all times and extremely fidgety while Heeseung was around. Sunoo looked the most concerned about it, probably believing he was at fault. While Sunghoon did blame him partially, he mostly blamed himself for giving in to Sunoo’s nonsense. 

Seriously, Sunghoon needed to stop thinking about it. The more he thought, the less he understood and the more frustrated he became. It was bad enough that everyone was starting to notice. Hell, everyone had already noticed. But Sunghoon wasn’t willing to do anything about it, there was nothing to do. 

Honestly, he didn’t want to mention what Sunoo had told him to Heeseung. And he didn’t want to continue his conversation with Heeseung, because there was nothing other than Sunoo’s words messing with his mind to talk about. So, really, it’s something he had to deal with himself. If he could just make his brain stop reminding him of them, the whole problem would just disappear. Because the problem wasn’t anything deeper than that. Just Sunghoon’s brain misbehaving. 

Heeseung didn’t seem to think so, and he kept trying to get them to talk. Sunghoon was starting to pull out ridiculous excuses not to be alone with Heeseung. The number of times he had turned around and walked in the opposite direction just to avoid Heeseung was starting to be ridiculous. Even with all his weird and sudden attitudes, everyone seemed to understand he didn’t want to talk about it. Everyone but Heeseung. Or maybe they had put Heeseung up for the task of talking to him. 

Unfortunately for Sunghoon, he ran out of strategies to avoid Heeseung, who had literally trapped him in the hallway of their dorm late at night. Heeseung had caged him against the wall, and even though Sunghoon knew he could push him away, it’d been over a week since he last had Heeseung that close. 

“Will you tell me now what’s wrong?” Heeseung asked, keeping his voice a whisper. 

“I told you that nothing was wrong, that hasn’t changed…” Sunghoon lied, being this close to Heeseung, it was hard for him to maintain eye contact. He imagined Heeseung could tell he wasn’t being sincere.

“Please, Sunghoon, I just want to help you,” Heeseung begged. “I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m sure I can help somehow,” he insisted. “And even if I can’t, sharing your worries is supposed to be good, helps you with the burden of it.”

“Hyung, really, nothing’s going on, nothing’s bothering me,” Sunghoon kept avoiding Heeseung’s eyes. 

“But you’ve been avoiding me,” Heeseung pouted, Sunghoon could see this up close and it made him want to kiss him. “You’ve been avoiding me for over a week, and I just… does it have to do with me?” Sunghoon froze at Heeseung’s question, but tried to remain calm and not show he was starting to panic.