5 ** Power

He looked back towards Caleb trying to get some kind of sign from him. The lights were red, red lights are dangerous, Jasper thinks as he looked around frantically.

They passed a road with a lot of fig trees, and as time goes on Jasper began to wonder why they'd been on the road for hours. He tried reaching his arm out but the only thing he could feel was nothingness. Everything was so cold and dark, that it made his stomach churn and his head feels dizzy.

He tried calling for help but when nothing came from him, nobody seemed to notice. Suddenly he saw light, and as they got closer and closer, he recognized that it was from street lamps.

The car stops and a hand reaches out to open the door, Jasper can't hold his breath anymore. He let go of the air he had inside of him and the world went black again.

A glance toward the building opposite him. It was an old building which it's paint was already fading, it appears to him as a haunted house. Jasper couldn't believe his eyes. 'It must be a mistake,' Jasper thought as he took another look at it, trying not to stare at it. Then a voice broke through his thoughts, startling him to the core.

"Hey kid, are you ok?" It was the same man who brought him there, looking concerned.

"I...I don't understand," Jasper said slowly. Why would this man take him here? Where is this place? Who are all these people that have come to watch him like he's their show? What was going on? He thought everything feels like a dream.

"You're probably confused, you're home," A wide grin escaped Caleb's mouth and he grabbed Jasper in the arm. He felt an old familiar feeling creeping up at the mention of home.

"This doesn't look like a place people live," Jasper said in confusion.

Jasper's words made Caleb's smile fade away. He looked at Jasper for a minute before saying: "You know what, this isn't exactly the best time. Don't ask too many questions here if you want to live."

Jasper opened his mouth to say something but someone from behind him bent his hand and inject something into his body, making him fall unconscious.

When Jasper he woke up it was like everything came rushing back to him; all the memories of his past which he could hardly believe were true. He opened his eyes and found himself in a strange room. It was white with a high ceiling, it also seemed very spacious. On each side was one glass wall that was facing the hallway outside, a few feet above it there was a large window covered by curtains with the top half already closed. The room smelled weird, it smelt metallic like the air in a lab.

After staring around the room he heard someone talking behind him, someone was walking toward him. As soon as he turned around he was greeted by a older guy, maybe older than 25, wearing glasses and having messy hair.

"Hi, there buddy! I'm glad to finally meet you!" he grinned brightly while sitting down next to Jasper.

"What happened?" Jasper asked, still confused as to what was going on.

"You fainted when you arrived here, so my colleagues brought you here. I know your journey here must've been tedious, sorry about that by the way!" the stranger said apologetically.

"Where am I?" Jasper inquired, leaning forward.

The guy laughed for a while. "Well, I don't think I have permission to tell you that. Dude."

Jasper stared at the stranger blankly, until his face lit up. "Here there are rules, ones that I have to follow or else...Anyway, my name is Ethan." The stranger nodded his head smiling proudly.

Jasper didn't bother to ask any more questions, he stood up pulling out the needle that pearls into his vein with a long tube that was linked to a huge bag of transparent liquid.

"Well, you might wanna start walking, you'll need some clothes on," Ethan said and gestured towards a wooden door opposite them. Jasper followed the stranger, who opened the door and gestured him outside.

They walked in a hallway with the lights being dimmed, they eventually reached a huge glass door which Jasper assumed led to the backyard. As they walk across the yard, Jasper noticed small flowers scattered along both sides of the hallway and in each room they passed.

"Is this..?" he whispered to himself. Ethan turned his head to look at him questioningly but before he could answer Jasper already assumed the answer.

A tall figure emerged from behind a door and stood in front of them, it seemed that he is human with curly brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He has an apron over his gray tuxedo and his shirt and tie aren't matched, he has a frown expression and crossed arms, his stance is imposing making Jasper instantly begin to wonder what was going on in the place he was, but the problem is he can't remember anything.

"Who's this guy?" He asked with his hands crossed.

"He's a new lab tan," Ethan explain to the guy in slang languages, which was not familiar to Jasper.

The guy kept his frown and turn toward another side without a word he walked away.

"We're almost there," Ethan said to Jasper with a smile.

The room was warmed as they walked in, above at the top of the door was written in gold ink. "Preparation room"  Ethan walked further into the room with Jasper walking behind him. The door adjusted and a huge glass door slid into the entrance blocking anyone from entering.

"Take this!" Ethan tossed a pair of black clothes at Jasper and a black slip-on shoe. "After wearing that, step on the first line you see over there."

Jasper quickly put on the clothes and turn to Ethan, still confused but he couldn't say anything rather than accepting to do whatever he was asked to do.

He stepped onto the line and Ethan quickly turn his face away from his direction, he didn't want to see whatever was going to happen. He felt pity for Jasper and wished he wasn't in charge of taking him there.

The line flickered twice as Jasper stepped on it, and a two-sided machine slides out from beside him. One is red hot and the other has a long sharpen blade that can penetrate anything.

Seeing the machine moving towards him made all the blood in Jasper's body rush to his feet, he began to shake uncontrollably as the red hot side touched his skin, he began to feel the burning sensation as he screamed his heart out and fell to the ground.

The blade began to move close to the injured side and slowly it penetrate his skin and cut it open, gradually it began to cut into his skin. Ethan heard Jasper scream the second time and this time he couldn't take it anymore.

He rushed and turn off the machine, which was against the rule in that zone. The door slide open and Jasper fell out, blood dripping from his arm and thigh. Ethan rushes forward and wrapped him in his arms.

It's alright... you'll be okay... come with me." He led the way to the infirmary.

Jasper didn't say anything as they walked through the hallway, Ethan just focused on the task at hand. Once they reach the infirmary, he put Jasper on one of the beds.

He kneels to inspect his injuries. He began to clean the wound and wipe away the excess blood, then wraps he bandage around the area. Once he finished, he turned to look at Jasper again, worry evident. Jasper was still holding onto the table, his head hung low. His breathing was quick, he looked like he is struggling to breathe with his eyes are closed.

Ethan kneeled in front of the bed and placed both hands on Jasper's shoulders, gently pulling Jasper's face towards his own. Jasper flinched back, surprised by Ethan's touch. He blinked a couple of times and tried to open his eyes. But the tears won't allow him to. A single tear rolled down from one of his eyes and slowly ran down his cheek.

Thanks for reading** please vote** comment and share.