7**Phases

Ethan reached up and wiped Jasper's tears.

"Hey, I'm sorry," Ethan whispered. "You're safe now."

For that moment, everything stopped, the world seemed to stop, even time had stopped for them. They stayed there, sitting next to each other. Just two boys, who have been through so much and still can barely stand their own feet on Earth. After some time, the door opened.

Ethan jumped to his feet almost immediately and acted like he was trying examining jasper wound for the second round of his toture.

A young lady walked closer to him showing no sign of interest in whatever he was doing, she was tall and lean with short blonde hair, she wore glasses and her attire resembled those you see in the action movies. Black long sleeves leather jumpsuit with black slip-on shoes. The girl leaned her arms on the edge of Jasper's bed.

She looked down at Jasper and smiled warmly. It felt like an eternity before she finally spoke.

"Hello, I am Doctor Gwen. I just need to check your wounds. You can let go of them when you feel comfortable." She said calmly and kindly, although her words sounded forced.

Ethan took a step backward and gave Jasper space to answer, as the boy stared at her, not saying a thing. The silence only increased Ethan's anxiety, he really doesn't know if he could handle seeing Jasper getting hurt again.

And it would definitely be his fault if something happen to Jasper again. Finally, after what feels like hours, Jasper answered the doctor.

"It's painful," He cried in a small voice, still looking down.

Ethan heard footsteps walking closer to them, but his attention was glued to Jasper, afraid he will start crying again.

"Thank you," the doctor said with an unnoticeable frown. "I'm going to run some check up on you and when I'm done with that, you'll be put up to join the rest in a meeting with Mr Eric? For now, I want you to rest a bit and get well soon." Her tone became slightly annoyed.

Ethan couldn't control himself anymore he knew what was ahead of the everything and felt bad for Jasper, the thought of young guys dead bodies been brought to him made him cry within.

"Can I talk to you for a moment, Gwen?"  Ethan asked.

Gwen raised an eyebrow and looked at him suspiciously, and then at Jasper who was still shaking with tears rolling down from his eyes.

Ethan waited patiently until she agreed and nodded, following him outside. Once they were out of earshot, Ethan turned to Gwen with a serious expression.

"I need your help?" Ethan said.

Gwen crossed her hands waiting to hear what he had to say. "What is it Ethan?"

"There's something special about the young guy inside, I want us to rescue him from this dungeon.

"You know we can't do that, I tried that once and ended loosing him." she confessed. "The guy got shot and lost consciousness and never woke up again. Ever since then Mr Eric vow to cut my head off if I do such."

"I understand, it just...," Ethan sighed. "This has been our reality since childhood, this place is too scary for us. And the fact that we are here, the idea of us being trapped in here forever, it's scary."

"There's no hope for him, you know that,"Gwen said. "Don't stress yourself over it, let it be!"

It was Ethan turn to cross his arms. "Do you think I don't know that?! Look, this guy is so innocent for the job! If Mr Eric kills him, I'll never forgive myself, right here, right now, because of that monster! He isn't a bad guy and it won't work to send him out there doing dirty jobs! He deserves better than this! So help me Gwen, please!"

Gwen listened to Ethan's plea, and realized that Ethan wasn't lying. He truly cares about this kid, she can tell. So she just sighs and nod. "Alright, I'm willing to listen to what you have to say, what idea do you have to set him free."

"I have a lot of idea but I need your help." Ethan replied immediately.

"I know you guys will want to do this, but this is my territory Ethan." Someone said and Mr Eric walked down the hallway. "Gwen, this is your last chance of survival in this place."

"We're sorry about that sir," Gwen apologize with her head facing the ground but before she could look up Mr Eric shot Ethan on his arm.

"OWWW WHAT THE-" Ethan groaned.

"If you don't want to live, then I won't hesitate to put you out of your misery." Mr Eric threatened Ethan.

Ethan just stood silent, staring blankly at Mr Eric without blinking, while Mr Eric was looking at him. After some moments of glaring each other down, Ethan dropped to the floor groaning, clutching his arm.

Gwen was shocked, but she quickly recovers and helped Ethan get up. Mr Eric looked away from Ethan and approached Gwen, pointing his finger at her.

"If anything happens to that guy I brought in here, or he is found missing, you're going to pay the price, I swear it."

"Understood sir." Gwen replied without batting an eye. "Such thing won't happen sir," she said.

"Alright, do whatever you can with him and ensure he gets back to work." Mr Eric gestured at Ethan on the floor and walked away.

When Mr Eric finally disappeared from view, Gwen turned to Ethan with a smile. "Looks like you've learned something new today." She stated with a smug grin on her face while he helped him stand up.

"Shut up." Ethan replied with gritted teeth.

"I warned you several times about wanting to help those kids, you know what Mr Eric can do. He kills without resentment." Gwen said as she assisted Ethan into the infirmary, the bell in the hallway started blaring and immediately two men pushed through the door of Jasper ward dragging him out.

Ethan make an attempt to stop them but Gwen stopped him, giving him a stern look. The guards grabbed Jasper both arms and lifted him up, they carried him out of the infirmary and into one of the rooms in the main building.

They took him to a classic bathroom, as water drops on the injured part of his skin he screamed scrunching with his both hands on the floor. He looked pale and tired and had dark bags under his eyes. His skin was paler than ever.

His brain wasn't functioning properly as he could not remember anything, he was like a blank page and a deserted soul, after the cool bath he was given some neat clothes to wear.

After that the two men escorted him to the dining room where other boys Jasper's age sat facing a table full of food and drinks. A woman walked in and started injecting the boys in the row which Jasper sat in.

The woman got to his seat and gave him a wearily look before injecting him with the cringe, Jasper watched as the liquid entered his skin and within some second he felt like his head was clearing and some of his memories started coming back.

Thanks for reading this novel, the fun has just started. Please Vote• Comment• Share.

Buckle your seat belt we're about to travel through the world of Jasper reaction after regaining his memories.