Perks of falling for a Commando (Part-3)

No proof read!

"Onne onnu anupu dii" Ashwin pitifully begged the same wish repeatedly.

"Maaten" came his wife's stern reply over the phone.

"Orey orey selfie dhaane kekuren. Yen ipdi vambu pandra?" he tried very much, not to sound irritating and spoil her already spoilt mood.

Sivaangi had simply called Ashwin so that her mood could lighten up. And now she was having fun, devilishly annoying him by denying to send a dolled-up picture of hers.

"Naan valaikaapu mudinja odane nalla photo va eduthu anupuren nu dhaane solren. Yenna avasaram unakku?" she asked.

After three years of being married and planning to have a baby, here they were, in her baby shower as Ashwin gave her some company through the phone from somewhere far away, keenly saving her from their torturous relatives.

"Paakanum pola iruku" he said honestly. It was a week back when she had sent her picture and they haven't had FaceTimed too. And knowing that his wife was decorated with saree and jewels, Ashwin was so desperate to have a look at her form with that cute protruding belly that made her look like a penguin.

"Chooo sad" Sivaangi replied in an impertinently distressing tone while her fingers skillfully worked in applying another coat of nail paint on her neatly trimmed nails.

"Seri yenna pudavai kattirka? Adhayachu sollen" Ashwin dug his cheek into his palm in annoyance.

"Kalyana selai dhaan. Idha dha kattanum nu amma sonnanga. Sadangu you see" she remarked casually making Ashwin's mind morph her wedding look with a baby bump as he smiled at how precisely she would look like a penguin.

"Aprama vera selai kattanumam. Oru pullathachi ponna evlo velai vaanguraanga theriyuma. Hein" Sivaangi scrunched her face in displeasure.

"Unnala mudila na seiyadha ma. Romba tholla panna nee baatla room ah saathittu okkandhu paatu pottu illa series paathu enjoy pannu. Illa innum better avanga rendu perayum room la potu pootitu nee jolly ah iru" Ashwin loudly plotted a plan to lock his mother and mother-in-law so that his wife could jump around the house and mess everything.

"Ayyo Ashwiney, eppavume illa. Iniku dha. Matha naal la naan jolly ah dha irupen".

"Seri yenna torture pandraanga iniku. Sollunga" he sharpened his ears as he was certainly waiting for a big list of complaints.

"Naan literally kalyanam appo epdi irudheno apdiye iruken. Avlo alangaram oru veetla nadakra function ku. Orey oru difference ippo vayiru mattum perusa iruku. Evlo venam nu sonnalum indha jimiki ya podu andha valayal ah podu nu solraanga..." she went on to reprimand the two head ladies of their family, blowing some air on her nails.

"Ma andha idipu la belt maari onnu irukume, adhellam konjam loosa podu. Irukka pogudhu" Ashwin reminded interrupting her sulky complaints.

"Ayyo Ashwiney! Adhu belt illa. Oddiyanam" Sivaangi laughed so hard at his choice of words as she went breathless amidst her giggles and patted herself to calm down.

"Huh! Whatever" Ashwin shrugged off whilst a content smile played on his lips. Being the reason for his wife's laugh when she was down in the dumps was always an achievement for him.

"Sivu ready ah? Polama?" Binni entered into her room to take the mom-to-be to the terrace where arrangements were made for the baby shower.

"Illa innum oru five minutes, naan en purushan kitta pesitu iruken" Sivaangi said casually and Ashwin chuckled on the other side.

"Ey neram aachu dii. Ellarum kaathuttu irukaanga la. Avan kooda aprama pesikalam" a tensed Sujatha suggested, pulling Sivaangi by her wrist

"Illa ippadha pesuven".