chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.

Harry's POV

I give the lads a wave as they pull out of the apartment parking lot, the tires squealing - which is no surprise since Louis is driving. They're off to pick up some food and I figured I'd take the alone time with Olivia.

Now that we're both going to be heading off for tour soon, the amount of time we'll actually get to spend together will be incredibly slim. It really hit me when the interviewer was asking about our tour, that I will have to be away from her for much too long. Just being apart from her for a few hours was more than enough for me.

Impatiently jamming my key in the door, it swings open and I call out,

"Honey, I'm home!"

Instead of an excited Olivia running into my arms, I'm greeted with silence. I can't help but to frown at how quiet the apartment is. I don't even hear the quiet buzz of the TV or Olivia's soft voice as she talks to herself - as I've caught her doing quite a few times.

Perhaps she fell back asleep? She has a tendency of doing that. I shut the front door behind me and quietly walk through the apartment.

The living room is completely empty, besides a spilled bowl of popcorn from last night that hasn't been picked up yet. I furrow my brow and shuffle to my bedroom.

No sign of Olivia there either... Did she leave? Maybe she has a recording session today? I pull out my cellphone to give her a call, sitting at the edge of my bed, kicking off my shoes. I gaze at the empty bed that still hasn't been made, being able to perfectly picture Olivia's soft figure beneath the blankets. It's a sight that I won't easily forget, and hopefully I'll never have to.

I let out a sigh as I'm directed to her voice mail where I hear her soft voice tell me that she's currently unavailable. The frown on my face deepens.

Where in the world did she go? She seemed fine - even more than fine, if I do say so myself - this morning. Otherwise I'd be worried that last night might have scared her off. Everything's happening so quickly, I wouldn't blame her for getting a little nervous. Hell, even I'm a little scared.

Okay, I'm more than a little scared. I've never fallen for a girl so quickly before and if I'm being completely honest, it scares the living hell out of me...

I try to shake my mind free of my troubling thoughts. Since when did I become this guy who always has to know where his girlfriend is? She's probably busy doing something important. It's not like she has to ask my permission before doing something.

Laughing at how ridiculous I'd sound to anyone else, I flop back in bed.

But then a light bulb goes off in my brain. Summer was here this morning. She could be with her, off doing things. Maybe I'll just give her a call, just to be safe.

I dial Summer's number and when she answers, I'm greeted by the angriest voice I've ever heard in my entire life.

Shit. I forgot. Summer knows all about that stupid 'Operation Inspiration' crap.

Double shit. If Olivia's with her...

"Some nerve you have calling me, Harry Styles," Summer spits at me, acting like her usual sassy and fiery self.

"Summer, is Olivia with you?" I don't even have time to explain myself to her. I just need to know what's going on.

My palms are moist with sweat and my stomach churns. I can't recall ever feeling so sick to my stomach before. I can just feel it deep in my gut that something's not right. I could feel it the minute I walked in the door.

"Nope, she left your apartment a few hours ago," She answers with fire behind each word, not dropping the attitude in the slightest.

If she's not with Summer, then where'd she go?