chapter seventeen // alicia.

Olivia's POV

Tea left my house after completely vegging out on junk food that could potentially land us on a TLC special for obesity. We watched nearly an entire season of 'The Office'. Things felt exactly as they used to when we would spend most of our weekends together. It feels nice having my best friend back.

She ended up leaving after about one in the morning, so I drag myself up the stairs and plop myself into my nice warm bed. My eyelids are heavy after the long night and I stare up at my ceiling - painted to look identical to the night sky the day I was born. My eyes glaze across the stars that I could recite with no problem whatsoever.

I send a quick text to Alicia, responding to her text she sent me earlier, saying how excited she was to go shopping tomorrow. I smile, looking forward to it as well, truthfully. I really like Alicia, she's sweet and a genuinely nice person. I couldn't imagine someone better for a guy like Niall. And I'm really glad I'm getting some one-on-one time with her, without the intimidation of Juliet there.

The second I set my phone down on my nightstand, it rings loudly, making me jump awake.

YOU NEED ME MAN, I DON'T NEED YOU -

"Hello?" I croak, my voice sounding incredibly hoarse and tired,

"I didn't wake you, did I?" Harry's voice echos in my phone, making me wake up completely. I sit up in my bed, leaning against my headboard.

"Nope," I say a little white lie.

I lean over and turn on the lamp on my nightstand, bringing light to my incredibly dark room. I use my toes to take off my socks, getting a little bit more comfortable.

"How was the studio today?" I ask, curling up underneath my warm quilt that I'm incredibly thankful for.

"It was good, you know, the usual," He shrugs, not sounding like he wants to talk to much about his work, which is odd. Usually he's full of stories and comments about working. He's so incredibly passionate about it.

I can imagine he'd get sick of it all after awhile. Working on a song is only fun for a little while, then it starts to drive you nuts if it isn't working as well as you hoped.

"Are you getting excited to perform in two days?" I ask, speaking about the party Simon is throwing for the boys that I somehow got myself stuck in attending.

"Nervous, but mostly excited," He admits, still sounding slightly distant, but I just assume he's just as tired as I am. "What did you do today?" He asks, changing the topic, obviously not wanting to talk about his work any longer.

I consider telling him about the performance at the coffee house, but then he'll want to hear me perform and I don't know if I could ever perform in front of someone who does it for a living. I could perform in front of a million people I didn't know, but the thought of performing in front of Harry made my stomach do little flips.

"Tea stole me away from my job and we hung out," I explain, not exactly lying to him.

"Fun, what'd you two get yourselves into?" He teases, recalling the multiple stories I've told him about crazy nights with Tea.

"Nothing too terrible tonight," I smile.

My phone buzzes in my ear, so I put Harry on speakerphone as I check my text-message. Not really being able to multitask - text Tea back and listen to Harry - I don't quite hear what Harry says next, I only catch a few words and the words I did hear, made me freeze immediately.

"What did you say?" I ask, my fingers freezing above the keys on my phone.

"I said I saw a video of you and Tea singing today."