chapter nine // sogginess.

Zayn's POV

We all lounge around the private beach that we happened to talk our way into being allowed at. Harry had informed us that the public knows of our whereabouts now, so we can't just venture around town as freely any more. 

"Where's Harry?" Liam asks as he sits upon his towel with Rosalie seated beside him. They're both working on a crossword puzzle together like the pair of nerds they are. I can't help but to give them a small smile.

"He went to brunch with Olivia," Louis coos, putting emphasis on Olivia's name. I lean over and high-five Louis, a cheeky grin appearing on both of our faces.

Beside me, Summer gives me a smack on the arm, obviously not finding our jabs at Harry's new woman amusing.

"Yuck," Juliet, on the other side of Louis, groans, laying down and soaking up the sun. I watch as she crinkles her nose with distaste.

Louis told me that Juliet did not care for Olivia in the slightest and was giving Harry a hard time about it. I'd say it's Lou's fault for telling Juliet about the whole 'Inspiration' thing. I knew better and I've been keeping it secret from Summer. Girls are different than boys. They don't think the same as us. They would only see it from Olivia's point of view, and not seeing it for the benefit it is for the group.

"You don't like Olivia?" Alicia asks, frowning as she tosses the soccer ball around with Niall, who hasn't said a word about the matter the entire morning, as usual. As of lately, he's given up trying to stop the entire operation.

"What's the use? She's just another name on Harry's list of girls. It's nothing special," Juliet grumbles.

I wouldn't say Olivia isn't anything special, because she certainly is. She's different than the normal girls Harry picks out, which is why I'm curious as to how this entire thing will pan out. Will she react the same way the other girls did when Harry breaks her heart? She's new territory and I know we're all just as excited as Harry is to be treading in new water.

"I'd have to disagree," Summer speaks up, "I think she's something different. She's a real girl, with a real personality." She explains, basically reading my mind.

Juliet looks to Summer from the other side of Louis and rolls her eyes. I watch Juliet carefully, just to be sure she doesn't tell Summer about the plan. If Summer found out, I'm sure she wouldn't be as understanding as Juliet was.

"I agree with Summer," Rosalie speaks up, which is always rare for Liam's shy girlfriend, "I think Harry actually cares for this one."

Liam meets my eyes and gives me a look full of disappointment and frustration. I know he hasn't told Rosalie either because he said that she'll think less of Harry. My eyes shift down, avoiding Liam's glare. Niall and Liam still haven't jumped on the bandwagon, which is a surprise to all of us.

Niall, obviously not wanting to listen to another word on the matter, takes Alicia and they head for the water. He hasn't told Alicia either. Louis is the only one who trusts his girlfriend enough to not spill the beans to Olivia. Well, Juliet is the least sensitive one out of the girls, so there's no surprise there.

We hear laughter coming our way and we all turn around, scared that the paparazzi has found our secluded beach area. But instead we see Harry and Olivia, fingers intertwined, heading in our direction. We all watch as Olivia makes a goofy face and Harry snaps a picture of it, laughing in the process.

"Oi, there you are! Late as always!" I call out to them, waving them over to our spot.

Harry and Olivia's eyes look up to meet ours. I can see Olivia's nervousness showing up as soon as she lays eyes on the girls, especially Juliet, who wasn't exactly nice to Olivia the last time they met each other.