Accepted

Varian was in such disbelief. He could not believe that the stranger he crashed into, not even an hour ago, was going to be living with him. The same stranger who kind of argued with him, the same one he was staring at in awe and gazing into those gorgeous green eyes-

Varian's thoughts are cut off with a ring. It's Quirin's phone. He pulls it out and mouths a "shoot" and starts to grab his keys.

"I'm needed back at the house, I'll call you later son." He walks over and places a quick kiss to Varian's head. "Have a great first day, behave, I love you!" And Varian isn't saying anything because this is going so fast, his dad is already leaving just as quickly as he came.

No, come back, don't leave me, Varian wants to cry out. He wants to run after him and cling to him like some touch starved orphan and never let go again.

But he can't.

He can't because Quirin is already down the elevator by now, and the blonde boy is standing right there, and he doesn't want to be teased for that for eternity.

So he doesn't. And he just.. stands. The blonde ends up breaking the silence.

"So, daddy's boy." He says, and Varian whips around to face him because no! He is an adult and he is not going to take this.

"I am not, you have NO idea what-"

"I really don't care." The boy cuts him off and stars his voice is so annoying, Varian wants to shove his hand down his throat and rip out his voice box.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course you don't! Now get out."

"Get out?" The blonde scoffs. He looks so murderable. "Freckles, I live here now."

And Varian's face goes red at the nickname, not because it made him feel butterflies or whatever crushy shit you wanna say. No, it's because he is infuriated.

This boy waltzes his way into Varian's life, and his room, and he thinks he can start making fun of Varian's facial features?! Oh hell no.

He lets out a strangled groan and his hands fly up to tug at his own hair.

"You, blondie, SUCK."

"Ooh, pet names already?" The blonde coos, as if they were in some sort of relationship or something, and as if he wasn't the one that started it with the names in the first place!

"Well I wouldn't have to use a NICKNAME, if I knew your name, smart ass." And Varian's voice is spitting annoyance out with every word, but the boy just seems to be enjoying it.

What a dick.

And as a dick, the blonde does an over dramatic eye roll and begins to speak, over exaggerating his syllables in a way that makes Varian's stomach churn.

"Oh forgive my manners dearest, you see street rats like myself don't really have many of them." Varian rolls his eyes. "I'm Hugo. Hugo Rottewage." And the absolute nerve of this guy as he stretches out his hand as if he were to receive a handshake.

He doesn't.

"Ruddiger. Varian, Ruddiger." He crosses his arm and scowls unamusingly at Hugo's outstretched hand, and back up into his eyes. He just retracts the arm.

"Look who doesn't have manners now sweet cheeks-"

"Stop with the nicknames! I told you my name already, you absolute scum of the earth."

"Yeahhh, I'm pretty sure you're the one who said you'd stop with the pet names once you knew my name. I said nothing about myself."

"You mean, the nicknames." Varian spits, very irritated.