CHAPTER THREE

"So, what do you wanna do after this?"

I flip through my phone. "I'm gonna hang out with Travi."

"Travi?" She says his name like it is a plague, and she looks disappointed.

"Let's just hang out tomorrow."

Skye doesn't say anything. She just keeps picking up every MAC lipstick, even though all of them look the same, and then putting it down. Sometimes, I don't know how she feels about me. I like how she doesn't want the attention of random guys, not like my exes, who were just whores. She seems like she only wants attention from me, and like she wants me to be someone better - someone that deserves someone like her - someone that doesn't get drunk and high all of the time and ignores her to escape anything that's too hard. It's overwhelming and I just want to focus on my future, like getting a job and stuff. But, I like her. I love how she hates everyone else, but what about when she hates me?

These thoughts swirl around in my head, long after she has dropped me off. I take a hit from the grungy bowl that ten other people have had their lips sucked around, and I think about how Skye would ask me if I want to be sucking on something that other dick-sucking whores had in their mouths. I need to buy my own bowl.

"But, girl, if you would let me
I'll take your pants off
I got a little bit of blow we could both get off
Later bathing in the afterglow
Two lines of Coke I cut with Drano
And her nose starts to bleed
A most beautiful ruby red
Slow motion, see me let go..."

"What the fuck is this, Travi?" I start laughing. "Like, what the fuck, bro..."

Travi just smiles at me and Toni starts singing along to this demented song. I think about what Skye is doing now, and I wish that I was with her now instead.