Chapter 9

Makoto's POV. 18th Floor, DEM Industries Building Japanese Branch.

Miku: So, what are you going to do to save Tohka-san?

Makoto: First up, we need to weaken her. I can do that with Azrael.

Miku: Your Angel?

Shido: Azrael has two properties. It can act as a barrier towards Makoto that nullify or cancel the effects of any other Angel. Either physical or mental attack.

Miku: So that's why.......

Shido: Second, is well, weakening. It's been helpful for us to stop rampaging spirits who were not to keen to reason with us.

Makoto: But still, consider my current condition here! I only have limited capacity to do those two. I only have a limited supply of mana and reiryoku.

Makoto: Anyways, we got to restrain her powers. I need to get close and she needs to make contact with Azrael, one way or another.

Shido: Go! I'll try to lower her guard.

Makoto: Okay! But if it doesn't work, we'll need to do this the hard way!

I used my cloak to turn myself invisible and let Shido do the work of distracting Tohka.

Shido: Tohka, let's go home. I'll cook your breakfast. If you say you're sorry, I'll get whatever you want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Tohka: You speak nonsense.

Shido charges towards Tohka but was blasted away by the latter's attack.

Shido: Aggggh!

Makoto: That idiot! You should better choose your thoughts carefully.

I got the clearance and sneaked upon Tohka for a surprise attack.

Makoto: Azrael, Cross Grave.

But, Tohka noticed it as she counters it with a stronger energy slash.

Makoto: Damn it!

I jumped away to evade the attack that I don't even know if Azrael can cancel and absorb.

I landed in front of Shido and Miku.

Shido: Makoto!

Miku: Are you all right!?

Makoto: I'm fine.

Miku: Thank goodness. But seriously, Makoto, what's with your friend?

Shido: Oh shut it! This is the only thing I can do!

Miku: Pfft. Pathetic.

Makoto: You two, I appreciate that you guys are having a friendly banter but it's not over yet.

Makoto: Finding an opening is going to be a battle.

Makoto: We need something to let her guard down.

Shido: Do you have any suggestions?

Makoto: As of now......