Back into the Swing of Things

~2nd Person POV~

You couldn't stand all of this hissing. It's just one demon who won't let you get close with her snake hair. You guess you're lucky they don't grow in other places, but your point still stands, you think 'I've cut more snake heads in one night then I have demon heads in my whole career.' Even worse yet, you're slowly developing tinnitus has been a huge distraction.

"You really should pay better attention demon hunter. One bite of my snakes and you'll turn to stone." She smirks as she attacks, luckily she's over all slow enough to allow you to be further distracted by the recontextualized statues around. You honestly thought she just found a strangely eccentric sculpture or something that was into sculpting people in despair. In hindsight, your explanation sounds stupid, but demon worship and servicing has been popping up a bunch according to Kanae.

"Y/n-san? C-can you c-c-call out please?" Your blood suddenly ran cold, and your body tensed up as you quickly performed Starlit Dragon Dance and Morning Star and cut both the demons head off and managed to sever all her snake heads before she got here. You finally flip around your blade to a reverse grip to get relaxed.

"I'm here Ibuki-chan!" You called with a smile. You wait patiently, to be greeted by the sight of a completely white Crow. If you were particularly observant, you'd also know her eyes are bloodshot red. And if you were a super detective you'd notice the slow confusing flight pattern. What I'm getting at is that she's albino, and a common symptom of it is blindness. In the short time she's served in the corps she's had five companions, and each had gotten fed up. You get that a blind crow makes things... difficult, but she's got heart, and does her best to be helpful. Like most of the crows in the corps, she's part of a long line of super smart crows that communicate to the slayers. So hearing her caw to find her way is simply adorable and precious where many slayers apparently see a liability.

"Y/n-kun! You're still here right? You better not have left me here!" Lucky she's blind because you had the stupidest smile on your face while she tried to follow the sound of your silence. You decide to make it easier on her and whistle a tune. This immediately saw a change in the resolve of her course and flew with more confidence. Soon she reached you and decided to land in front of you. You've agreed that since she can't exactly tell if she lands on you, when she gets on the floor you would pick her up yourself and put her on your shoulder.

"It's nice to see you again Ibuki-chan. Are you feeling well?" You picked her up gently perched her on your shoulder. She returns your kindness with a peck to the cheek. "Ow... I didn't do anything."

"I don't have time to reprimand you for taking so long to respond. Right now a Hashira has requested to see you!" You had a good idea which one she was talking about. You started walking and everything.

"Hey! I didn't even tell you which one requested you."

"How are you, Ibuki-chan?"

"Don't change the subject!"

"Did you have a hard time getting here?"

"Stop ignoring me!" She was on the verge of tears; mostly anger but you could feel a touch of sadness in there.

"Poor Ibuki-chan." You pet and pat her head for a spell, until you've officially walked out of the mausoleum, now facing the most narrow path to the Butterfly Estate where you have basically moved in, not that you planned to make a habit of sticking in one spot for too long, nor would you be allowed to.

Due to your efficiency and quick wit, daybreak would still be something of a wait, which meant you could get in some much needed relaxation with a good friend of yours.