Fighting With Passion!

~2nd Person POV~

"Hah hah-"

"Huff huff-"

"Wonderful both of you!" Boomed the voice of your old friend. You stood an unusual distance from your sparring partner, both huffing and puffing, while Kyojuro stood loud and outrageously proud. Proud of you two: you and Mitsuri Kanroji, a deceptively small slayer with a big big heart.

"Th-thank you R-Rengoku-sama." Kanroji stammered, flushed and full of what resembles respect, and definitely is to a point.

"My throat tastes like sand paper." You aren't nearly so reverent. Even so, Kyojuro steps up to you, not to beat you into a bloody chard pulp, but to passionately pat you on the back while he doubles back to laugh a hearty laugh.
"Of course my friend. Why don't we take a break-" a caw takes his attention, and yours. A crow perches on a tree in front of Kyojuro, completely ignoring you and Mitsuri.
"A particularly dangerous demon has been leaving a trail. The Master believes you should be able to intercept." It croaks.

"A demon moon?" You share a look with Mitsuri.

"Possibly, all we know is that too many lower ranks have tried and failed to kill this demon, and while we aren't sure where it is, you can certainly track it down from here."

"UNDERSTOOD." Kyojuro now turns to you and Mitsuri. The two of you expect him to say something, but he hesitates and you don't know why, but you have a bad feeling about what he's thinking. "The sun is falling, which means this demon is getting ready to move. I must get to them before they find victims." Mitsuri leans in seemingly unintentionally, while you sit tight poising yourself for something you just know that's not gonna be as simple as what Kyojuro is gonna say. "Which means I will not be able to go with you on your break. But don't worry! I'm sure you'll find the river just fine." Mitsuri's eyes furrowed over her pale green eyes that still shined in some special way you can't put your finger on. Meanwhile you couldn't help looking puzzled, but too tired to ask any questions.

"I'm sorry Rengoku-sama, but what do you mean?" Mitsuri isn't though. Certainly tired, but she'd clearly been trained by Kyojuro to move past something like being tired.

Kyojuro laughed a little bit got to explaining himself, "I was going to take you to the nearby river to grab some fresh, cold water. But since I've taken Mitsuri-san to the river before, I'm sure she can lead you two there just fine." Mitsuri thought about it for a second, but seemed content with what he said, where you didn't trust his intentions as much.

"I- I won't let you down Rengoku-sama!" Kyojuro nodded confidently and striated off, presumably to hunt the demon. The crow follows and shares a whispered conversation with Kyojuro as they drift out of sight. Mitsuri turns to you, back straight, chest puffed, and face full of resolve and heat it seems. " Let's get going L/n-kun!" You looked unmoved at your senpai.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

~Timeskip~

You and Mitsuri have made it to a nearby wooded area, Mitsuri having claimed there should be a flowing river somewhere nearby with a small waterfall off the side of a similarly small cliff side. You've spent most of the trip tailing Mitsuri and thinking about the training you've been through with her this past week. After the incident with the poison cave, it was back to business as usual with the Kocho sisters. Shinobu would often have to follow her older sister like she was her tsugoko. You even asked her if she was, but Shinobu denies this but can't stop Kanae from thinking otherwise. You feel bad for her, but would prefer to occupy with thoughts other than pity for Shinobu. Mitsuri noticed this when she visited a week ago and offered to have you join her training under Kyojuro. You suspected it was just to take his intense stare off the shy girl, but that's besides the point. You would agree and Kyojuro would gladly have you. This is also how you can to realize that despite the timid, but beautiful frame that is Mitsuri, she packs a punch. Swordplay like hers, honestly seemed illegal, and is one of the few things in your career that had better reach. To say you were overwhelmed your first sparring match would be an understatement. You'd say she was quickly on her way to being a hashira like her teacher. She definitely outclassed you to an extent, but you've started to catch up.