Chapter 3

No doubt, they would follow me anywhere I go. My apologies if your head is twirling like ice cream right now, I should have just told you guys the truth. Those guys you saw were my enemies, they surely want me dead like a pig, and I'm talking to no one.

"How did you get a silencer?" I asked Mat for the 20th time.

We're far away from our ashed apartment and my hands are itching for Matthew's gun. I want to shoot.

He sighed as we both stopped. "Look, sis. Please don't be mad at me that I got this THING from someone whom I don't even know," He said with an innocent face. Ugh, that face is just really annoying. But wait.

"You got that THING from someone you don't even know!?" I yelled at him. He flinched and then shrugged. Glaring at him, I grabbed both of his shoulders and shook him. "Are you nuts!?"

He removed himself from my grip and shrugged again. I swear I'm going to shoot this boy if he wasn't my brother.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking. "Next time don't accept someone's things whom you don't know. You're 13 now, right? So be sure you're getting mature or else I will send you to Aunt Marlon who's in the Philippines."

I stared at him and he was copying what I said silently with some stupid face, and when he saw that I was staring at him, he nodded quickly and act innocent again.

Aunt Marlon is my father's sister who never left us, even though her very own brother and my very own father left without a reason to mother. Tsk, my father is a pain in our buttocks anyway.

"Sis, did you hear that?" Matthew said. We both halted and went quiet. We heard some voices heading towards here in our place. I and Matthew am in between some buildings and the only way we both can do is to fight or hide. But since my hands are itching, I'll choose to kill.

"How about you, Mat?" I asked him. He nodded and we both know what we'll do.

Kill.

I let out my gun and hid it behind my back, while Mat runs and hides beside a garbage bin. Excited, I stood in the middle and wait for our targets to arrive.

They were coming and I was about to show my gun when they were with someone I knew. He stood, shocked as he saw me. My face is the same as his.

"Louis?!"

"Eleanor!?"

***
Louis' Point of View

After I left that store, my heart stopped pounding like a beast and I was breathing so hard that I almost got choked from my saliva.

I shook my head and let out a sigh. Shrugging all I felt and went back to my place.

"Hey, Scott," I said to my dog after I got inside my house. Scott immediately runs toward me and jumped over me—that I almost fall to the ground. Shuffling his head with my hand, I chuckled.

"Where were you, dude?" I looked at the staircase and there I saw Jake, my roommate. "Just went to a store."

He nodded and went back to his room. I put the eco-bag on top of the kitchen counter and went to Jake's room.

"Really, Jake," I said as I entered, "could you at least clean your room?" He didn't listen and just mind his business. Frustrated, I picked up one of his smelly socks and throw it right into his face. He immediately flinched and cursed.

"What the fuck, dude?" He yelled. I rolled my eyes and glared at him. "Clean your fucking room."

"Can't do, clean freak. I'm busy," he said then continued minding his own business.

"Tsk, nerd." He's only playing a fucking game and his room is filled with dirty clothes with literal garbage.

Giving up, I left his room and went to my room to grab my other phone from a secret compartment of my cabinet and called someone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jim. Can you stay here?" I said on the line.

"Mark?"

I blinked twice and answered,

"It's Louis you idiot."

"Oh, Erickson," he chuckled, "so have you told them?"

"Yeah, and guess what?"

"What?"

I told him everything and he was quiet after that.

"What should we do?" I asked. I heard him sigh on the line.

"I'm coming to your house, asap."

—————————

"Is this a troll? Well, darn you're not good at making crimes." Fuck.

I was calling Elle in the middle of the night and she seemed annoyed. At first, she answered nicely, and because I didn't answer back, she got pretty annoyed.

Badly wanting to speak, I cough far away from the phone and speak.

"Elle, it's me, Louis."

"H-Hey, Louis! How did you get my number?"

"You gave me your number at the lab, remember? Anyway, stay safe."

"Who's that?" Jim says shortly after I ended the call. I turned to look at him, he was wearing his black jacket and has slick back hair.

"A Friend," I answered. He nodded and then we went to the living room.

He sat on the couch while he has a glass of wine in his hand. He looked at me seriously and rolled his eyes.

"You like her don't you?"

"What??" Caught off guard, I almost yelled.

He stared at me as if he was waiting for my answer.

"What are you talking about?"

"Eleanor. . . Kingsley?"

Glaring at him, I said, "What?"

"You like her."

I scoffed and before I left I told him,

"She's only my friend."

I stopped walking upstairs when I heard gunshots on the ground floor and it was not a piece of good news.

Quickly enough, I ran into my room and grabbed my stuff then headed to my roommate who was shocked like a bitch.

"What the fuck is going on?" He yelled. I shrugged and told him, "I don't know but we have to get out of here."

He agreed and we both went downstairs only to be greeted by 4 people wearing masks. One of them was a woman who's cosplaying Harley Queen.

"What do you want?" I asked. They laughed and some of them shook their heads.

"We have rules here, Louis," one of them said and I felt a hard knock on the back of my head that led me to deep slumber.