Chapter 3 - Blue City

In the blue-sky continent, the north was always cold, and not many people inhabited the cities located there. The south was filled with many swamps and was also not inhabited much.

The west was mainly extensive forests filled with magical beasts yet to be fully explored. There were a few towns. However, there wasn't a single city as magic beast attacks were common. Even the few towns built there had been constructed by adventurers who wished to sell their spoils to other visiting adventurers.

Lastly, the east was where the capital city known as Heaven City was located. This was a grand city, with a grand palace housing the royalty of the Blue-sky continent. Blue City was a small city located near the east coast of the Blue-sky continent.

The King of the Blue-Sky continent was much loved by the people and was known as a wise king for two main reasons. The first was that, since the beginning of his rule, he had made it so that his kingdom had surpassed other neighboring continents, which had initially been more prosperous than the blue-sky continent.

The second reason was that he was versatile in his rule and could implement new laws to help the country prosper socially, economically, culturally, and in many other sectors.

One of his most innovative ideas, which had greatly benefited the continent, was his building of the Blue-Sky Academy, also referred to as the Academy for short. It was built in the very center of the continent so that it was easy for students all around to travel to it.

The Academy was a magic school that allowed teenagers between the ages of eighteen to twenty-one to attend, improving their skills and eventually making a name for themselves. Also, since the Academy was founded by the King himself, it was easy for alumni to get direct jobs working for the royal family if they wished.

However, the most impressive fact about the Academy was that it took in all students so long as they passed the entrance exams. This meant that there was no discrimination due to race or class.

Several hours after his dip in the river, Silver finally arrived in Blue City. He was excited as he had been away from civilization for almost two years. The city was bustling with life, and as soon as he entered the gated entrance, he started to hear the haggling of merchants and the cheers of drunken crowds. It was already late in the evening, and if Silver hoped to find a place to stay for the night, he needed to get his hands on some money.

After walking around for a while and asking a few strangers for directions, he managed to find a shop selling magic cores.

"Are you buying or selling?" asked an old man wearing spectacles behind the counter as Silver entered the shop.

"Selling," replied Silver as he set one black magic core on the table.

"But I wonder if we could talk somewhere more private?" he added while hinting at the other customers.

The clerk received the hint and understood immediately as many customers wished for their sales to be kept private.

"Of course, young master. Please follow me," replied the old man while smiling and leading Silver to a side door. Although Silver wore very plain clothes and did not look like a noble, this old clerk felt as though the boy wasn't as simple as he seemed, so he did his best to treat him well. This was an instinct the old man had developed in his line of work, and at times it would save his life.

"I would like to sell all of these," Silver stated as he placed all his remaining magic cores, including the D class magic core, which was brown in color.

The old man was slightly shocked at this youth's ability to casually take out several dozen E-class magic cores and a D-class magic core. This was because, in a whole year, the old clerk would handle around five or so transactions containing a D class magic core. The old man seemed to be struggling with a decision for a while as he wrinkled his brows.