CONTEST: July 2022 | Contemporary Aesthetics [closed]

Hello contemporary-lit lovers!

Welcome to July's contest! This month, we're teaming up with mediadirectory  to bring you a new short story and aesthetic challenge!

We've created some prompts for you to work with and write a short story! Alongside this short story, we also challenge you to create an aesthetic board to go with it!

Independence Day is a huge part of July, so we've chosen to focus this contest of this holiday!

Independence Day ( the Fourth of July) is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence, which was ratified by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776.

Anyway, take a look at our prompts!

Prompt One: It's 4th July and you're in a typical, awkward elevator ride with a group of total strangers. Suddenly, a man says, "So, I bet you're wondering why I've gathered you here," before hitting the emergency stop button...

*

Prompt Two: On 4th July, you find a door with a single keyhole - it will open regardless of what key you use to unlock it. All keys will open this door. What's on the other side, however, depends on the key...

✴ Deadline: 31st July

✴ Please ensure your story uses one of the two prompts, or if you'd like an even greater challenge, you can try to use both!