Chapter 13: The Power Source

"They know about it

"They know about it." Seven said, watching Kun walk back and forth.

"Yes, but they are kids, though I know they won't tell anyone. I trust them enough, but we can't involve them in this." Kun shook his head. "If the word gets out, we won't even know who's coming for us."

It was late in the evening, and Kun and Seven were having a discussion on whether they should let Greg and Carl in on their secret. Surprisingly, they both knew quite a lot about Livian; technically, 'theories' of Livian, some of which Seven confirmed herself.

"Oh." Seven pouted sadly. "Seven, look at me." Kun said, standing in front of her. Seven looked up at him, as told. Kun felt weird to have her look up at him like that.

"Or maybe, look at me after I sit down." He said, immediately sitting beside her. "Look, I will send you back to Livian no matter what I need to do. Even if it means breaking into a science lab and stealing their equipment, I will...." Kun trailed off, realizing something that could help Seven send an S.O.S signal to her planet.

"You will what?" She asked, shaking him. "Hey, is it possible for you to absorb energy from a medium?" Kun asked brightly. "Yes, possible." She nodded.

"What kind of energy would you need? Electric, magnetic, static, hydro, just name it." He asked. "Telekinetic." Seven replied as if it was something easily available in the human world. Kun dropped his head in disbelief, knowing that his plan had failed.

"But I can try to convert from magnetic. We have magnetic field in Livian also." She said, making his face brighten up again. "I think I just have the thing." Kun smiled, holding her hand.

"Where is it?" Seven smiled, facing her body to him.

"Tonight, it's 'bring your alien to work' day." Kun ruffled her hair.

*  *  *

"It is safe?" Seven whispered, getting out of the car as Kun opened her door. "Our company is closed on weekends, so we should be fine." Kun mumbled, shutting the door as quietly as he could.

It did end up making a loud noise.

Kun's company dealt with technology and developed every kind of gadgets. For industrial purpose, domestic purpose, scientific purpose and so on. Kun could bet on his life that they would have something that Seven can use as a medium to absorb powers.

"Alright, I want you to mess that CCTV right there. Don't destroy it, but rather, show them some static." Kun said, pointing at the CCTV in a distance. "Can you do that?" He looked at her. "Easy." She shrugged, concentrating at the gadget before there was a spark.

"Great!" Kun whispered, praising her. "Come on." He held her hand, getting in through the door and into the lobby. "Now, we need to make our way towards the elevator. That camera, right there. Mess it up as well." Kun pointed, as Seven created a static on the display screen.