Five - Monster Lurk Behind Us

I have three hundred and twenty-nine reads. Three hundred and twenty-nine reads! Do you know how happy that makes me?

*applause for all my great readers*

So yeah, Track Two, loves. It's more upbeat, kinda action-y for intense scenes and Titan slaying. (We won't mention how badly I suck at Photoshop. Ignore the awful lighting on the image that I couldn't heal.)

The song for this chapter is Honest by The Neighborhood.

Important! According to the manga, Commander Pixis, his advisors, Hannes, and whoever else was in that singular panel were at headquarters in the Trost District at the time of the breach, however as this is a fanfic and for reasons relevant to this fanfic, he will be present at Erwin's interrogation. I wanted to clear this up from the start since I am making this one small change.

"Commander! There's been a breach in Wall Rose!"

She's there when the messenger burst through the doors, back against the wall, upright and respectful. Her arms tensed at her sides, gripping at the straps around her legs so she doesn't fly forward demanding information as she would like to. Dot's calm, collected and just standing there. It's Erwin that scraped his chair away from the table first, taking the lead while all the inner wall snobs sit slack-jawed and absolutely terrified.

"Our first priority is to evacuate all those nearest where they think the breach may be. We have no idea the extent of the damage or how many Titans have taken the opportunity to pour in. I'm sure Mike and the others are already on evacuation, yes?" He looked to the messenger who in turn nodded fiercely, absolutely scared out of his wits. He turned hard on his heel to Pixis. "Then finding the breach is our next priority. We'll send out armed teams. From what direction were they seen?"

"S- south-west, sir."

"Commander Pixis, your men will be assisting?"

"Of course."

"Wait! You can't possibly think that you will get off throwing out orders and attempting to save the people, now do you?" The nobles finally got enough bearings, one choosing to speak up with his quibbling chin and shaking arms. Noemi wanted to scoff. They ought to thank him for devising a plan so quickly while they sat on their asses, sniveling in fear, even if it were protocol. They were absolutely laughable. Under circumstances like these, there was a reason she held no respect for the monarchy.

"Yes." It took them aback, his simple, outright answer revealing no hesitation. He was going to save the day whether they liked it or not.

"Bosch, you come with me. We'll be sending you out with several others to find the breach. Smith's men will be accompanying you; they will be the ones to figure out how to plug the hole. If we're lucky- though doubtful- that titan shifter of theirs will somehow fix it," Pixis told her, herding the girl towards the door with a swiftness while Erwin droned on with the messenger and the spoiled brats fumed in their seats, helpless in deciding anything.

Once down the hallway a good ways, he grabbed her by her shoulders, directing her to look him in the eye. "As much as I want to take this lightly and enjoy the whiskey in my jacket, now isn't the time. It's not the time for you to be spacing out either. While you're searching for the breach, you may encounter titans. Don't think Rico hasn't shared her concerns with me. Do you think you can handle the pressure of this situation?"

"Yes, sir."

He gave her once last glance before straightening to his full height, a smile creasing his face. "You've matured a lot since entering the Garrison. Make me proud to call you a fellow soldier."