Chapter 45: Disappear

Jennette's eyes widened as the man said his name. Anastacius...that was the name of the past Emperor!

"No! You're not my father!"

Jennette pulled away from his grip and ran towards Claude who was coughing out blood and slowly began to weaken.

"Daddy!"

Jennette went to Claude who had suddenly stopped coughing and became quiet. His eyes began to close and his breathing became slower.

"Daddy?"

"Daddy!"

"Daddy!"

Despite all of Jennette's piercing shouts, Claude did not respond to her and only laid silently on the ground.

No one came to her rescue. Not Ijekiel, her knight in shining armor, nor her protective aunt or the people who praised her.

Anastacius came closer and stood, towering of Jennette.

"If he's your father why isn't he replying?"

"No. No. It can't be. Daddy wake up"

Tears streamed down Jennette’s face. Her lovely face was full of sadness.

"Daddy...please wake up... don't leave me..."
.
.
.
The scene changed to when the palace guards yawned and began to wake up from their sudden slumber.

Some people who had leaned their backs against each other as a support while they slept, turned to the other person and asked what had happened.

Felix who had been at the Emperor's office jolted up from the couch and looked at his surroundings.

Strange. He had a dream. In the dream a man apprehended him and casted a spell on him.

Felix then realized that it wasn't a dream, as he felt the strong traces of magic around the palace. It was also strange that he had been sleeping when he had never napped during working hours.

Immediately he ran to the Emerald Palace were he knew that the Emperor had been going to.

As he ran, he noticed that the servants, guards and everyone else in the palace was waking up from a slumber.

Felix stopped running as he noticed that the sky suddenly turned dark, as if a big cloud was covering the sun.

Looking up to the sky through the window, Felix and everyone who looked up was either surprised or frightened by the gigantic creature in the sky.

A golden dragon soared in the sky. It's huge golden wings spread out and flapping, sending strong rounds of wind that caused damage to some buildings close to it.

After circling around the sky for some time, the Golden dragon landed on the ground, crushing hundreds of houses all at once, under its large body.

Obelia was in danger.
.
.
.
The scene changed once again, this time to a forest area in the Obelian palace.

A man had been asleep in some bushes. His slumber wasn't caused by the strange spell, but instead he had been sleeping for a long time.

The man had black hair and red eyes. He had finally awoken after absorbing a huge amount of mama that he felt in the palace grounds.

The man was a wizard named Lucas.

Lucas stood up for the ground and looked up at the creature in the sky with an annoyance of some kind.

"Such a bother...waking me up from my nap. Who has caused such a nuisance now?"

Lucas muttered to himself. He used magic to transport himself to the place were the dragon had landed.

Lucas reappeared in front of the dragon and tried to use magic to apprehend the creature. But it had proven to be a challenge.

He couldn't hurt it, because it seemed to use his kind of magic. In fact it seemed to be protected by his magic.

"Lucas!"

On the dragons neck, sat a man and a young woman who was tied up in chains.

The man had blonde hair and jeweled eyes, evidence that he had Obelia royal blood.

Though the man's physical body was unfamiliar to him, the aura surrounding the man seemed very familiar.

The man dropped the young woman by the side, and seemed to shield her, despite the fact that he was the one who had tied her up.

Lucas looked up at the dragon which had stopped moving and seemed to be asleep. His eyes went back to the man infront of him.

"Who are you?"

"Well my body's name is Anastacius. But, the spirit, currently talking to you goes by the name Aertinatis.

You had mocked me for my weakness. But guess what. I became the strongest Emperor in history!

Sadly, you weren't there to see my greatness and I died of old age. My soul couldn't rest if I didn't pay you back. You remember me right?"

Lucas looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and said.

"Anastearnitsus? What kind of ridiculous name is that? Never heard of it. Knowing your name isn't that important since I'm going to destroy you anyway"

A fierce battle of magic ensued between Anastacius and Lucas. Anastacius had began to gain the upper hand, but as Lucas was about to direct a spell that would hit Jennette, Anastacius reflexively rushed in to block the spell, shielding Jennette with his body.

Anastacius was hit and became fatally injured and began to bleed.

Lucas coldly finished him off with a spell the turned towards the dragon.

The dragon suddenly flashed opened its closed eyes and stared at Lucas. A sudden surge of pain went through Lucas' back as he had been hit by a spell.

He turned around and saw the young woman with brown hair, who had been previously tied up, standing and staring at him with hatred.

There was a dark energy within her. The soul of Aertinatis had possessed her.

Once again Lucas battled against Aertinatis, but this time in a different body, that enhanced the black magic more. This was body was Jennette's

Jennette's casted a spell on the dragon. The dragon began to go berserk and stomped around, trashing different houses.

Jennette spoke up in a deep and creepy voice.

"I can't beat you and you can't beat me. So it's best that we both die together, along with the rest of the world!"

Suddenly it roared angrily and breathed out balls of fire. A white light shone from the sky and everything began to disappear.

The houses. The streets. The people. Lucas, Jennette and the dragon. The palace. All of it disappeared into the flash of white light.
.
.
.