Chapter 11; The Confrontation

Murder of Crows

"O-Oh, come on, big guy," the person's voice strained as the hand around their throat tightened. "We- we both know that we can come to a compromise! Just chill it, alright?"
"Why would I even trust you? Hell, even more, whatever gave you the idea that I would give up to someone the likes of you?!" The nails clawing at the man's firm grasp around their neck was futile. The brunette lightly smiled right there at the thought of killing the other right there. But he sighed, he knew he couldn't kill them just yet. Maybe in another minute... depending on where the conversation went.

"Listen, buddy, do you think I want to waste my time negotiating something which is already mine? The deal is done for me. How long have you even known him?" This was exactly what the grey-eyed male repulsed at. The petty argument which was about to commence felt like a drag; the moment he had ridden his hand from the neck of the other they started spewing nonsense.
"Far longer than you have. You've only known him for three weeks! Do you even love him? What do you have that is better than what I have? You're meek, perverted, and just overall disgusting. I'd rather make amends with a rat."

"Of course I love him! I've dedicated so much to him-" This set William off. "And you think I haven't?! Have you even seen how he is around me? All you do is act pathetic, your sad excuse of an act makes you look weak!"
The next thing the brunette felt was a searing hot pain at his nose. He cursed out in a yelp, clutching at his bleeding nose, staying vigilant for another attack; yet none came.

"Don't you DARE call ME weak, Afton! The only reason you even 'love' him is because you can't live with yourself! You're a cruel monster, no one could ever love someone like you, and you KNOW that!
"So, you know what? I am not playing nice with you anymore- Not that I would even just hand him over to you! You're a dead man, Afton. To say I was going to forgive you if you just let it go. I am not giving him up and that is final." With that last promise, they stormed out of the dingy room, leaving William grasping at his nose, and feeling the tears mix with blood.

'Fuck...' his head pounded as he tried to navigate towards the bathroom. Though his ears rang, he could still hear the others' voices in his head. He was furious. 'How could such a pathetic being propose love to...'
He was suddenly reminded he had somewhere to be, and he was currently a giant mess.

William hurriedly checked his nose while the faucet ran. 'It's not broken... thank god..." His cheeks tinged slightly at the embarrassment. He felt humiliated at how he took the blow. He wasn't used to much of a fight, he easily towered over others, and sometimes, pure intimidation did it all for him.
Not just the blow, too... William didn't like a word of it. He gripped the sides of the sink. Looking back up he saw his nose was beginning to bruise. Opening one of the sinks' drawers, he pulled out a small makeup palette he kept for covering up bruises.

"That damn kid..." he muttered.

576 words
Published 7.3.22

— apologies for inconsistent
uploads, duty calls:)