Chapter 16

Some moments later...

Eleven: "My friends...I saw them. You told me they were safe. They're not safe..."

Owens: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, okay...Uh, just give us a second, please."

*Some random people walk out of the room*

Owens: "We're not gonna let anything happen to your friends, okay, kiddo? I will personally make sure of that. Did...Did you see where they were?"

Eleven: "They were at...they were at Max's house."

*Y/n runs to them*

Y/n: "Max...like Max Mayfield...?!"

Eleven: "Yes. They're planning to kill him. To kill Henry."

Y/n: "Who the fuck is Henry...?"

Eleven: "One...or Vecna..."

Y/n: "Heilige Scheiße...Wie kommen die nur auf so eine Idee...? Sind die lebensmüde?! Shit...shit...Ich spreche jetzt Deutsch...Wieso spreche ich Deutsch?!
[Holy shit...How did they come up with such an idea? Are they tired of life?! Shit...shit...Now I'm speaking German...Why do I speak German?!]"

Owen: "Okay...okay...So here's what's gonna happen. I have people in Hawkins and I'm gonna send some to Max Mayfield. And they will stop him-"

Eleven and Y/n: "Her."

Owen: "Stop her. And the rest of them from whatever foolish, although well-intentioned, mission that they're attempting, alright?"

Eleven: "No. No, do not send your men. Send me."

Dr. Brenner: "Your friends are not prepared for this fight, Eleven. And neither are you."

Y/n: "Let me go with her...I can-"

Dr. Brenner: "Go back in to the room where you woke up!"

Y/n: "OH NO...I WILL NOT LEAVE MY SISTER AGAIN!"

Eleven: "Sister? I don't have a sibling..."

Y/n: "That's not important right now...Our friends need us. We've stopped him once. We will again."

Dr. Brenner: "I'm sorry. You can't. It's impossible."

Owen: "Nothing is impossible. I can call Stinson. She's got connections at Nellis. That's two hours away. And if we hustle, I'll bet we can be in Hawkins before nightfall."

Dr. Brenner: "That would be a grave mistake."

Owen: "Waiting would be an even greater mistake. What if One makes his move before we've had a chance to throw a punch? Then what is the point of all this?"

Dr. Brenner: "That's a risk we're going to have to take."

Owen: "We pushed her before and look what happened."

Y/n: "Hey...What about me...?"

Dr. Brenner: "Oh NO...You don't use your powers again...Remember what happened last time?"

Y/n: "No...?"

Some moments later...

Owen: "You're sure you wanna do this?"

*Eleven nods*

Owen: "Okay. Pack your things, say your goodbyes."