Volume 3: The Crater of Flames

The woman shook Yang's hand and walked down the stairs. Yang turned back to the students.

"You all, go explore the town for a while. I've got some business to do."

The three stayed at the top of the stairs to talk about where to go, while the Grandmaster followed Lady Wight down the stairs.

"I'm glad you've arrived, Kayang."

Yang chuckled.

"Oh please, you don't have to address me like that. I've told you, just call me Yang."

Lady wight smiled and continued on.

"There's been a change to our exchange. I promised you technology from the Midknight City, which of course changed, and you promised me money. Of course I don't mean to make it all about money! It's just that our village here is..."

Yang completed the sentence.

"Impoverished. Which is why on behalf of the Anzenasho organization I'm going to give you 25% more than the funds I've promised you, regardless of there being no exchange."

Yang smiled and put his hand on Wight's shoulder.

"The change! Oh yes. I received the call. I'm going to be honest with you Kay- sorry, Yang. When I first met you I thought you were lying when you told me crysenergy was real. But then I was proven wrong. Our troops have found an object that the Kazemasa were trying to grab when they invaded. The troop who brought it to us was injured just carrying it, and later passed away in the hospital. I'm led to believe that it's related to crysenergy, or something otherworldly that you might have knowledge of."

Yang smiled.

"I think I might know what that is."

Back at the staircase the three finally settled on just walking around. Around the alleys they would get strange looks as they passed by. In one alley a girl with short red hair and the ears of a cat was wearing rags, sitting on a cargo box while tossing a stone in her hands. In another, a slim man with slim boney wings coming off his back.

"Perolia.. The sanctuary for the dragon people, and other races shunned by the greater sectors."

Yuki said, amazed. Around the corner popped out a long red haired girl, holding a wooden sword and shield, and small wings on her back. She ran out, wearing a plaid red skirt that went slightly above her knees, and thick black boots.

"Halt! Grandmaster Kayang of Sector fou- wait a sec', you aren't the Grandmaster!"

Jaiden jokingly put his hands up at the sight of the wooden sword.

"I'm not the grandmaster! Sorry.. I know him though!"

The girl's bright green eyes squinted as she stared at Jaiden.

"Bring me his successor!"

Yuki chuckled and pushed Jaiden forward.

"State your name, and status!"

Jaiden chuckled and stepped forward. He put one hand behind his back and the other on his heart.

"Masuroku Jaiden Steely of Sector four!"

She raised her hand to her head in a salute and planted her feet.

"Pyralyn Wight! Soon to be the greatest knight of Perolia!"

Jaiden stood back and assumed a fighting position. The girl looked to be around 14 or so, which was close enough to Jaiden's age that he didn't feel that bad about sparring with her.