Volume 4: A Misguided Sense of Justice

It was just before sunrise. Jaiden was wearing his blue shirt, and cargo pants. Although you couldn't quite see them well because of the armor he was wearing. Trying his best not to wake Jonathan, he went through his closet and removed two cloaks that he picked up from a shop a while back. Looking back on it, he found it quite funny that he never brought any of them with him to Fuyu. But he didn't know he would need them, so he didn't get himself worked up over it. He had a small satchel over his shoulder that went to his waist. He stuffed one of the cloaks into it and held the other in his hands. It was a dark brown, and was neatly knitted together, with small brass rings at its creases, and other charms sprinkled throughout the design. He smiled at how nice it looked before putting it over his head, leaving bits of his blonde hair flowing from the edges of the hood. Jaiden felt around at the empty scabbard at his waist.

"Don't worry, I'll have a much better fit for you later."

He walked out of the room and quietly snuck around the corner. Once he reached the door leading to the courtyard he thought he was safe. He felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going, Jaiden?"

It was the Grandmaster. He summoned a small bit of light from his hands rather than turning on the light. Jaiden cleared his throat.

"Well, I guess you've caught me red handed!"

The two paused before they both started laughing.

"I'm not mad that you're going somewhere! I just want to know where you're heading."

The Grandmaster asked curiously. Jaiden paused for a moment before the Grandmaster spoke again.

"Whatever you wish to do, you can carry on. I just wanted to be nosy. One last thing, please be safe, Jaiden."

Jaiden smiled as the Grandmaster walked off toward the lounge. He opened the door and found Pyralyn sitting on the bench nearby.

"Are you ready to go, Pyralyn?"

The girl chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm ready!"

The two started walking when Pyralyn spoke up.

"You can just call me Pyra."

Jaiden smiled.

"Alright then, I'll keep that in mind."

The red haired girl was wearing a red shirt, and cargo pants from Yuki. Both items of clothing were covered by the armor that Jaiden made for her the previous night. Both of them were wearing boots.

"You do know that the mountain's that way, right?"

Pyra asked.

"Yes, but if we're going to Houtochi mountain we'll need some kind of protection. I don't have a sword on me, and neither do you. That's why we're both going to make one before we go! There's a reason I wanted to leave so early."

Jaiden chuckled. Pyra looked at him confused.

"I thought the forge was back at Anzenasho"

The blonde responded with one of his hands up while explaining.

"I've got a place in mind."

The two continued walking, as Pyra shivered.

"It's rather chilly out, don't ya think?"

Jaiden remembered that he had brought a second cloak with him, as he reached into his bag and grabbed it.

"Here!"

He tapped her on the shoulder and put the hood over her head, brushing some hair out of her eyes. The two stood as the breeze blew by.

"There you go, is it any warmer now?"