Volume 11: DAWN, Part 1

It had been weeks since Jaiden returned from his mission. Everyone in Anzenasho was stuck either training or planning out the next big mission. Inside the lounge Yang was holding a clipboard, while multiple people surrounded him.

"Alright everyone! With the disbanding of the Black Order following Leigheas' taking the throne of Verwelt, we need to pick up the slack and start working toward our Goruju trials. We're exactly two weeks out from our mission into Kazekari. We'll travel via airship, northwest into their territory. We'll have to be calculated in how we begin this mission, but it's the only way we can meet directly with The Supreme Leader. Any questions or input?"

Jonathan and Jaiden both raised their hands, Jonathan raising his slightly quicker. The room would be filled with chatter and other conversation related to the upcoming mission. Far off in Verwelt, the ruins of a once thriving nation now started to reconstruct, with an unmasked Leigheas sitting down onto a throne. A crowd of cheering people would somewhat settle, and another figure would walk up to a microphone. It was a young man, who looked to be about 19. He softly spoke into the microphone, with a smooth voice.

"Good evening everyone, I am proud to announce my first day into position as commander of Verwelt's militia, and the second-in-command to Sir Caddel. In the past few weeks I have been more than delighted to build back our nation, and we shall hopefully be able to stand our own in Tezerra soon!"

Leigheas smirked, as he knew that his efforts were finally going to pay off. Far away in Kazekari, the Supreme Leader was standing outside in the courtyard where Galasen was buried, with Aaron at his side. The Supreme Leader wore his bulky purple and black kimono, with his breathing mask more visible as his hair was now tied behind his head into a large ponytail. He talked softly through his breathing mask.

"You know, Aaron. Despite being the lowest of the Emeyoru, you've shown a lot of grit and will to progress. As the heir to the throne of Shohorre, you truly are an incredible asset to me."

Aaron smirked, and placed his hands behind his head carefree.

"With all do respect sir, why are you telling me this? You wanted to meet me here to discuss our next mission."

The Supreme Leader's head ticked, and he quickly turned around to grab Aaron by the throat.

"Because that insolent brat was the only thing keeping your attitude from pissing me off. You know, you're an immensely powerful fighter. Your crysenergy is so easy to hide, and your genetics are on par with your father's. But you really don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you? Damsel, Reaper, and Vengeful were all respectful and took their time to let me speak."

Aaron almost instantly teleported an inch away, quickly escaping his grasp.

"I know your training is rough, but you really had it in for me there didn't you? Talk about discipline."

The Supreme leader sighed, as his head ticked to the side again.

"Apologies, child. My mind has been more troubled these days with me having to handle so much new energy."

He placed his hand onto Aaron's shoulder, as the man had a very strained and fake smile as he stared into the glass eyes of the breathing mask.

"It's no trouble sir, I'm just pulling your leg."

The Supreme Leader chuckled, and looked off at the corner of Perolia, as it was the closest part of mainland to Kazekari.

"You know, Morien might make a worthy replacement for you."

Aaron turned to the Supreme Leader with a puzzled look.

"What exactly are you saying?"

The Supreme Leader let down his hair, and took off his mask for a moment. The soft wind blew his hair around just enough to obscure his face.