Chapter 29

After figuring out where the girls are being held, Stiles, Scott, and Isaac are in the Jeep on the way to Oak Creek. 

Scott looks over at his best friend in concern. 

"Hey, you okay?"

 "Yeah. Yeah. You don't have to worry about me." Stiles states. 

Isaac leans between the two front seats from his space in the back.

 "All right, I'll say it. You look like you're dying. You're pale, thin and you look like you're getting worse. And we're all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better? What happens if he gets hurt?" 

"You mean if he dies, do I die? I don't care. Just so long as no one else dies because of me. I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it." He remembers Malia kissing him too but he's too scared to come to terms with that right now.

 "It wasn't you." Scott reminds him. 

"Yeah, but I remember it. You guys gotta promise me. You can't let anyone else get hurt because of me."

Alannah remains sitting and thinking when she feels the air change around them.

 It feels like hope? 

Growing more confident for the first time since dealing with void she stands up, "You're nervous, aren't you? You know they're coming. You know they're going to kill you." 

Void lets out a dark chuckle and pulls Alannah close to him.

 Grabbing a fistful of her hair he looks down at her, "Well, that's exactly why I'm keeping you so close."

Scott, Stiles, and Isaac meet up with Allison and Kira outside of the gates of Oak Creek. 

"We've done this before, guys. A couple of weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember? That was a total stranger. This is Alannah and Lydia." Scott gives them a pep talk. 

"I'm here to save my best friends." Allison declares. 

"I came to save mine." Scott says looking at Stiles. 

"I came to save my girlfriend." Stiles joins in.

 Isaac informs them that he just didn't feel like doing homework which earns him a glare from Stiles.

Lydia sighs as she hears the voices clearly now, "They're here. And I don't need to scream to know that they're going to kill you." She smirks. 

Void gives her and Alannah and equally as big smirk in return. 

"Good. Because that's exactly why I brought you. I needed to know when they'd be close enough. When my own death was closing in." Suddenly about six Oni appear around void.

 "Cause only when they're close, can I do this..." he announces pulling one of the Noshiko tails out and snapping it, gaining control of the Oni.

 The girls aren't left alone for long before two more figures turn up...Scott and Stiles. 

"Lana! Are you all right?" Stiles questions. 

Lydia runs to them in anger.

 "No. No, no, no. Why are you here?" she questions.

 "Lydia we're here for you." Stiles informs her with confusion as Alannah remains quiet beside her best friend. 

"You weren't supposed to be here. You didn't get my message?" Lydia asks.