The confession

When Robin got home she couldn't think of anything but Nancy wheeler. She was still trying to wrap her head around what had just happened. She kissed Nancy and Nancy kissed her back.

Her head was spinning and it didn't seem to stop, Robin stared at the ceiling for hours. Her brain wouldn't just shut up and let her sleep, all she could do was play the situation over and over in her head.

Nancy asking how she knew she liked girls, how close they got and then, they kissed. Then they started to make out, then she ran. It all happened so fast and it was over when Robin blinked.

Now She had to figure out what she was going to do next. This wasn't just any girl, this was Nancy wheeler, perfect Nancy wheeler. Steve's ex girlfriend. What have you done Robin?

She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep but there was no point, she just kept hearing Nancys voice ringing in her ears. It got louder and louder until every thought she had was pushed out and all she was left with was Nancy wheeler.

Why had she made things so complicated for herself? It would've been much easier if she had stayed away from Nancy, if she hated her.

It was driving her crazy and she felt like she was going insane. It was 5:46am and she had work at 8am. She had to face Steve in a few hours, she couldn't lie to her best friends face. Robin had to tell him no matter how difficult it might be.
—————————————————————————-
It was 7:30am and Robin was in Steve's car doing her mascara in the car as per usual. She was running off half an hour of sleep and was definitely not a morning person.

She felt extremely guilty for what she had done, it made things worse that Steve seemed so happy today. How was she going to break the news to him now?

He could tell something was up from how jumpy and tense his best friend was being. "Are you alright? You seem weird Robin.."

Robin jumped causing mascara to run down her face "why wouldn't I be fine? I'm great, so so great" she started shaking and was ready to cry, she had to be the shittiest friend in the world.

"Robin your uh..face" he mutters pointing to the line of mascara trailing down her face. Steve grabs her a tissue before they get out of the car. He was really worried about his best friend, she could be weird sometimes but not this weird.
———————————————————————
Steve opened up the store while robin paced up and down the horror movie section. She didn't know how she was going to explain what had happened the night prior to Steve. She didn't really know what happened herself.

It all happened so quickly, one minute robin was joking around. She didn't actually think it would happen, but it did and now she didn't know what to do. "Uh Steve I have..something to tell you" the words felt heavy in her throat. What if Steve completely hated her for this?

Steve turned away from the door to look and robin and shrugged as an indication for her to tell him what the hell was going on.

Robin started pacing behind the counter as she talks "well uh I went to dinner at Nancys, you knew that obviously" she put her head in her hands, there was no hiding it now she was completely freaking out.

Steve walks over to her with a concerned look on his face. By now he was used to robins panic meltdowns that would happen every so often so he just smiled at her "it went that badly huh? Well why are you scared to tell me? You like kiss her or something?" He says jokingly not actually realising that is what happened.

Robin just looked up at Steve and sighs. She gave him the look, the same look she gave him when he said that Tammy Thompson was a girl. Steve was a great friend but he's a very oblivious person.

"Oh" Steve whispers and they just sit there in silence for a few minutes. "Well that's great right? Unless she didn't kiss you back?"

She just shook her head and sighs leaning against the wall "she did kiss me back but Steve..she's your ex" Robin whispered shaking her head, she couldn't believe what she's done. This was the biggest betrayal you could do to your best friend.

Just as robin felt like she was about to cry Steve started laughing so she looked up at him giving him a confused look. "You're freaking out because you kissed my ex? A girl I dated in freshman year? That was a whole lifetime ago rob!"

This made robin start to laugh too. She realised how stupid she was really being, it was only a girl and Steve and Robin really were inseparable. "I guess you're right, I'm being stupid aren't I?"

Steve nodded and walked over to stand beside her "when aren't you being stupid buckley?" This caused Robin to shove him so hard to nearly make him fall over and crash into a stack of tapes.

If it wasn't for Steve to calm down most of robins meltdowns she would probably still be panicking about the finals that ended two years ago. She needed Steve and Steve needed her, some girl wasn't going to change that.

(A/N I love their friendship so much, I'm trying to figure out if my writing sounds too confusing or not. Tell me what you think, stay safe my lovelies <3)