The Green Hallways: Chapter 2

*??? P.O.V*

March 9th, 1987

My head slammed into hard floor, and black spots danced in my vision, making the world around me blurry. 

I had to lay there on the ground groaning for at least five minutes before my vision was back to normal. And when it was normal and I could take a look around, I gasped in horror, taking a step back in shock.

The yellow room I thought I saw before when the hole appeared was not where I was. In fact, it looked completly different to what the picture was that Wesley had shown me.

I was in a dimly lit concrete hallway, the only light was an eerie light green  light that emanated throughout the room, although I couldn't figure out where the light was coming from. The walls and ceiling were concrete, but the floor was a black and white tile, like what you'd see in a bathroom. 

I looked around me, my breath getting faster. I looked up at where the hole used to be, but I saw nothing but concrete above me.

Gaining control of my emotions was hard, but I focused and took a deep breath. My experiment had worked. Not in the way I had thought it would, but it still worked. I needed to get my emotions out of the way if I ever wanted to learn anything about this place. Whatever this was.

I had known nothing about these kinds of places. That is, until my co-founder, Wesley Nathanial showed me a picture of a yellow room. The wallpaper was a light sunshine yellow, while the floor was a squishy almost mustard colored carpet. Apparently according to his research, there are six million square miles of rooms. And there's a monster too.

I chuckled to myself, shaking my head at the thought. 

Monsters aren't real. Maybe Wes was joking. I didn't know, but I didn't care. Not really. 

I suddenly got out of the stupor that was my own thoughts, and finally started walking around. Exploring this place. 

*30 minutes later*

I'm lost. I'm horribly, terribly lost. 

I have no idea where I am, or where I started. My emotions started getting the better of me, and I started panicking. My whole body was shaking, I was getting the biggest headache I have ever had, and I was on the verge of tears.

That is, until I heard a noise.

It came from a long distance away, but I still froze when I heard it.

A growl.

I wasn't alone. 

I started walking where I thought was the other direction, when I heard it again.

Growl.

I started walking faster, but it seemed that I just kept on getting closer to it. Whatever "it" was.

I started running for my life, hearing guttural growling and roaring behind me. I forced my legs to run faster, made myself sprint as fast as I could even though my lungs were on fire. 

My feet hurt so badly, but I willed myself to run. If I outran this thing, I could try to figure out a way out. I could try to live. 

Tears streamed down my face as memories flooded in. Happy memories: My 16th birthday party where all my friends played tag. 

My first dance with a girl that I don't remember the name of. 

When my first experiment with Life's Blood succeeded. 

And the bad memories forced their way in too: My father beating me whenever I did something even slightly wrong. My sister dying at an early age to cancer.

I started sobbing while I ran, not even realizing that the monster was gone. There was no more growling behind me. 

I realized that just a moment after I thought that, and breathing hard, I leaned against one of the concrete walls, and sliding down it, I started weeping openly.

My head in my hands, my whole body shook with emotions as I saw the severity and reality of my situation. 

Whatever that experiment I did was, whatever that green serum was, it got me here. And now I was trapped. And it was all my fault.

When I was done crying, I just sat there. Numb. My mind thinking of hopeless things. 

I was never going to get out of here.

I would never see my coworker again.

Nobody would ever know where I went.

Except maybe for Deborah.

I suddenly looked up at the rocky, concrete ceiling, my breath shaking, and pleaded. 

"Please, l-let Deborah remember what happened," I begged. 

I wanted Deborah to want to know more. 

My eyes widened in excitement as I realized I had both a pen and a piece of paper in my lab pocket. I didn't know how I was going to get the note to Deborah, but I would deal with that problem later. 

My hands still shaking, I hurriedly put the paper on the concrete, clicked the pen on and started scribbling a note to Deborah.

After I was done, I signed it at the bottom, "With Regards, Nelson Syphus".

I then folded the piece of paper in half, clicked the pen again to make the ink part go away, and then I stuffed the pen back in my pocket.

I sighed, now trying to figure out how to send the letter. I sat down for at least what was 30 minutes, searching my mind for answers I didn't know I would be able to find. 

At least, almost an hour later I was about to give up and put the piece of paper back in my pocket when I felt something tug at my hand. 

I yelped and jumped back, but my hand went towards the wall again, and then there it was. A very small hole, just big enough for the piece of paper to go through. I wondered if I should try to go through but then considering what the consequences might've been, I changed my mind and quickly dropped the piece of paper in the hole, then hurriedly got my hand out before anything crazy happened.

And then, the portal, or hole, or whatever that was shut. 

But I knew I had gotten it through. And I knew it had gotten to Syntec.