Chapter nine:Hesitation

Robotnik busted into the cave in a floating half ball thing with several robots and Knuckles hanging off the side.
"Well well well,look who did our dirty work for us!"Robotnik said
"You again!"Sonic exclaimed
"I'll be taking that compass now thank you very much."
"I don't think so."Sonic growled
Robotnik shot a missile at them but Sonic caught it and threw it towards the Owl statue causing it to create an opening in the cave and almost crushing Knuckles in the process.
"C'mon let's get out of here!"Sonic exclaimed
The opening was very steep but covered in snow.
"Tails you go up while me and Nadia find our way down the hill."Sonic said
Sonic and Nadia grabbed some scrap from Robotnik's robots and snow boarded down the hill.
The two of them got separated from each other by a large rock sticking out of the mountain.
Nadia had to activate her shield and destroy the drones chasing after her.
Eventually Nadia and Sonic met near the bottom of the mountain.
Nadia watched Sonic from a distance because he was standing at the edge of the cliff while talking to Knuckles.
Nadia was preparing herself in case Knuckles tried to do anything to hurt Sonic.
Something attached itself to Knuckles and it was electrocuting him.
"DECEIVER!"Knuckles yelled
Knuckles ripped off the device and jumped back.
"Sonic pass me the compass!"Tails exclaimed
Sonic threw the compass over to Tails but just before he was able to catch it Robotnik caught it.
Robotnik then shot missiles at Tails causing him to fall unconscious.
"TAILS!"Sonic cried
Nadia ran over to them to check on Tails.
Suddenly an avalanche was heading towards them.
"Uh we gotta go..."Sonic said
"I'll carry Tails,we'll go down the hill together."Sonic said
They grabbed the boards and headed down the hill.
Sonic pulled out his phone and tried to call Tom.
He had to call him a second time in order for him to answer.
"What's the emergency-are you sledding?"Tom asked
"Snowboarding actually,Either way not important right now do you remember the ring I gave you?"
"Yeah why?"
"I need you to use it to get us out of here."
"I don't even know where you are!"
"Well if you don't want wolf and hedgehog snow cones picture this!"Sonic replied showing Tom the snowy hill.
Tom dug out the ring out his pocket and threw it only to discover that it was the wrong one.
"Oh no..."
"What 'Oh no' what do you mean 'oh no'?" Sonic asked
"I think I accidentally switched the ring when I was teasing Jojo."Tom said
"Are you serious?!"
A minute later a ring portal appeared.
Nadia saw the portal and started panicking.
"No,no,I can't, I can't!"Nadia cried
"Nadia we need to go through!"
Nadia was still panicking,covering her eyes and ears and she accidentally swerved past the portal.
Nadia looked back to the portal closing with Sonic and Tails gone.
The avalanche kept getting closer and closed until Nadia wasn't able to get ahead of it and was consumed by the snow.
Knuckles was over with Robotnik on his ship.
"We should check if they survived."Knuckles said
They went down and saw a black shoe with a white strip sticking out of the snow.
"It's the wolf!"Knuckles exclaimed
"Well too bad so sad,at least the body is being kept fresh on the snow and ice."Robotnik smirked
"We need to rescue the wolf."Knuckles demanded
"I don't think so."
"Either we save the wolf or I will take the compass and look for the emerald by myself!"
"Fine,we'll rescue Barney the purple dog."
Robotnik drove closer to the black and white shoe and Knuckles dropped down and dug out the shoe to reveal an unconscious Nadia.
As soon as Knuckles tried to pick her up Nadia woke up and tried to fight him.
Knuckles punched Nadia so hard it knocked her out.