𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

I sprinted back to my rooms like crazy, making sure no blood dripped from my red stained hands, or slick, wet dagger.
My heartbeat boomed in my ears like a drum, my feat pattered across the castle, faster than I'd ever ran before.
3 hours until dawn.
3 hours until they found my dead parents and brother.
3 hours until I would be declared the next high queen.
I reached my doors and flung them silently open. The cold air burned my throat, the warm tinted wooded floors slipped under my feet.
As I quickly made my way to the bathrooms that occupied my rooms, I lit the small fireplace stationed on the back wall of my bed chamber.
I shakily turned the taps to the basin, and ran my fingers under the warm water, and started scrubbing at my nails and fingers with my rosey scented soap, bubbles frothing my hands. Gods be damned, I was trembling like a leaf! I looked up at myself in the blue framed mirror, and took a deep, steadying breath.
"You are Faline Raven Blackblood. Future queen of Aurenith, and daughter of darkness. You do not get to feel fear. You do not get to feel regret. You will never again, even think about experiencing these emotions. You are Faline Raven Blackblood." I told myself.
Looking back down at the running water and my now steady hands, I noticed the lack of red that occupied my them. Good.
As I striped of that horrible bloodstained nightgown, and threw it in the now scorching fire, Along with the leather strap that was still holding up my hair, I quickly wiped my dagger and hid it under my pillow. not the best hiding place, but it would do.
I then threw on a pretty red nightgown before climbing into my bed.
2 hours.

Screams from some poor servant girl woke me up that morning.
I slept quiet well, considering. I slowly got out of bed and opened my doors to greet the guards that probably came around an hour ago. "Is everything okay?" I asked in my most innocent voice, my eyes wide and lips slightly parted. "I'm sorry, my lady, I'm not sure what the screaming is about" explained a guard. Middle aged, with brown hair and bleak blue eyes. I smiled sleepily at him. "Oh, well, please tell me when you find out."
I walked back towards my bathroom and started braiding my long hair down past my hips. Just as I began to draw my painted eyeliner, the same guard burst in. I tried so very hard not to smile at the news he was about to tell me, but failed.
"M-miss, y-your parents.." he forced out. I made my face drop in utter shock and willed my hands to shake lightly.
"W-what's going on?" I asked him just before a loud horn blasted through the kingdom. A horn that ment one thing.
The death of a royal
I opened my mouth and shrieked, dropping to the floor with my hands over my face to hid my smirk.
"N-no!" I screamed, "it's not- not true! How! What- what happened" I yelled at the guard, and almost felt sorry for him when his face flashed red.
"I'm so sorry, princess" he whispered, and sat beside me, and arm over my shoulders. I quickly licked my fingers and wiped under my eyes, making them look wet with tears.
After a few minutes of pretending to stutter on my breaths and making crying sobs, I found my way back into my bed, and shook like someone who was actually sad about their parents death.
Eventually, one by one, guards, servants, and chefs came by to comfort me, one of them informing me that my brother, too, had been found dead.
I wept like an idiot for hours that day.

For dinner, I had a delightful roast beef steak with juicy vegetables and beautiful honey sauce. The chefs even made me a delicious red velvet cake with buttercream icing to cheer me up.
I, of course, pretended to cry through the whole feast, but ohh, I just love buttercream. I thought as I devoured the entire cake.

That night, I burned all my blue dresses, tops, pants, nightgowns, everything.
I simply told everyone it reminded me too my of my dear mother, and no one asked again.
The castle was quiet now, and I much preferred it that way honestly.

The next morning was still hectic, but everyone was too busy gods damned grieving to care about a princess in her bed chambers, I thought to myself, just seconds before a quiet knock was heard. Spoke too soon, I smiled to myself.
"Yes?"
A guard, probably no older than 30 walked into my room. Her pretty strawberry blonde hair neatly pulled into a bun.
"The high court wishes to see you, I believe it's about your coronation." She spoke, and with such arrogant confidence.
"O-oh" I said, trying to sound as surprised as I could managed. I honestly expected this message to come yesterday.
"Of course, but I must get ready!" I spoke softy.
"Yes, my lady, but please hurry"
Oh, the nerve that girl had.
I angrily shuffled off the bed and walked towards my huge closet, selecting a long silver dress with a grey corset. Boring, but appropriate for someone in mourning. I laid the gown on my bed and began to lift my nightgown when I realised the guard was still standing there. I looked over to her and raised my eyebrows gesturing to the door. She looked flustered for only a second before closing the door. I smiled to myself. "Idiot girl" I whispered.

AN: wow I'm so nervous to post this chapter LMAO! I'm not sure about it so far, but I PROMISE it will get better! I need to put some thing in place before out fer Faline goes on yet ANOTHER killing rampage lol. Anyone have anything they want me to add? Scenes or something? Creative criticism is welcome btw! Anyways, thank you so so much for reading, it men's so much to me!