three

"have you heard the news?"
"no, why?"
"well, last night a woman died, laying in her own blood. when a professional detective from inazuma came, he declared it a suicide."
"that's horrible!"
"I know. Beside the body was a full body mirror, with many broken cracks, that the detective said was caused by her hitting it."
"how odd. I wonder why and how she killed herself."
"I dunno... But I have a feeling... That she did not suicide. The detective only said that because most of the evidence pointed to that- even the detective; Heizou, said that the case was nearly impossible to solve, and said that there was a chance of her being a murder victim instead."

Xiao held in laughter, watching the citizens of Liyue distress over the murder/suicide victim that died the night before. He adored seeing the people in despair, it made his 'heart' melt- making him feel happy and amused. He thought about how he had 'broken' his contact with the Geo Archon; he had destroyed a part of it and kept another. He still slayed the abyss, much hating them as any other person would do, but he ate the dreams of people, killed them, and would not serve Morax. To him dreams were his only source food and water, occasionally having a glass of red wine. He preferred devouring nightmares, they tasted more pleasant to him.

He sensed someone coming his way, so he quickly turned back into his known form, and acted how he would usually act. You see, he was a superb actor, switching between 2 personality's his whole life. He put on a neutral face, and sat cross-legged, and rested his head on his hand.
"Good Morning Xiao." The voice stated, and the source was non other than Morax himself- but in his new human form, known as Zhonglī.

----

"Morax has been killed!"

Xiao had never felt so much glee in ages. He laughed and laughed, and ate many dreams, killing and feasting. He knew that he wasn't as dead as the people thought, but he still laughed at the mortals stupidity and panic. He heard a new person was roaming the land of Liyue, named Zhonglī, and immediately sensed a godly aura off him, so he figured this was Moraxs human form.

----

Xiao teleported to Wangshu Inn, as Zhonglī had asked and walked to Lumines room. He opened the bamboo door, and saw her sweating and shaking.
"XIAO!!" she screamed, "you... you..."
"Is there something wrong?" He asked.
"YOU T-TRAITOR!!!" she stuttered, warning a raised eyebrow from Xiao, Zhonglī, Ver Goldet and Paimon.
"Hm? You must have had a dream, Lumine." Paimon said, Xiao agreeing with her, as well as the two other bystanders.

LUMINE POV