Chapter VI

A cliff with a small body of water can be seen, where Team Avatar is residing. Sokka is relaxing peacefully, floating on a large leaf in the water with Momo sleeping on his stomach, while Katara and Aang are facing each other while practicing waterbending. While Zuko was laid half in the water, the man did not want to get his hair wet while also wanting to relax in the water.

"You guys are going to be done soon, right? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today." Sokka questioned, though his face was half-covered by his hair.

Katara rose from her hunched-over position and turned to face Sokka smugly. "What? Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" Katara questioned as she smiles at him smugly. Referencing how Sokka was only covered by his undergarments, though the rest of them were in a similar state, Katara was only covered by her undergarments as well while Aang only had his pants on, the hems rolled up to keep them from getting wet, though Zuko was shirtless, his lower half was still completely covered by his pants.

"I could be ready in two minutes. Seriously," Sokka stated as he pulls back the hair covering his eyes.

"Whenever."

"So, you were showing me the octopus form?" Aang questioned, returning Katara's attention to him.

"Right, let me see your stance," Katara commanded while Aang assumes a defensive stance. After careful consideration, Katara walks over to him.

"Your arms are too far apart," Katara stated as she walked under his right arm and positioned his arms closer together.

"See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. Did you get it?" Katara questioned while Aang blushed and Zuko chuckled as he watched from his spot in the sun, smirking at the sight of the two teenagers clearly pining over each other, though both too oblivious.

"Oh, yea ... thanks." Aang chuckled as he averted his gaze from Katara.

Katara walks away and assumes a fighting stance. "Okay, let's see what you got," Katara ordered.

Aang bends the water, creating a globule that eventually transforms into eight whip-like water tentacles. He carefully maneuvers them, fending off shards of ice that Katara repeatedly sends at him by throwing them away or dodging them. At length, he manipulates one of the tentacles, curling it around her leg, gripping it firmly, and pulling on it.

"You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang." Katara chuckled proudly while Aang dances playfully, suspended in a globule of water shaped like an actual octopus. Suddenly, music can be heard in the distance. The group witnesses a strange group of nomads playing music on instruments and singing, approaching them.

"Da, da, da. Don't fall in love with the traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted." One of the nomads sings as the team stands in the lake. Sokka unexpectedly falls off his leaf into the water.

Though the nomad stops singing and points at the group. "Hey, river people!" The man chuckled while Zuko pulled his hair to rest one-sided on his left shoulder. The three stared at the nomads questioningly.

"We're not river people," Katara stated while the nomad scratches his head puzzled.

"You're not? Well, then what kind of people are you?" The man asked while Katara shrugged and Zuko scanned the man over, only then noticing the mark on his shoulder that showed he was a Beta.

"Just... people." Aang shrugged while the nomad smiles lazily.

"Aren't we all, brother?"

"Who are you?" Sokka questioned accusatorily as he walked over to the man.