ᵇᵃᵉᵏᵈᵒ

Hee do's Pov

I'm still at the training center. even though it's night coach told me to, i feel so alone. 

"en garde...prêt...allez!", i yell. 

i decided to take a break, i was so tired and exhausted. i was sipping on my banana milk. 

Yi jin's Pov

I was walking, simply minding my own business. i realize the training center was still open, curiosity took over me. "will hee do be there?", i thought and quietly started walking.

the window was still open, looks like it was hee do. she was probably practicing for the competition. she was busy slurping on her banana milk and didn't even realize i was there. 

i thought of refilling her banana milk. i could see that she was really tired. i open the milk and placed it. she took that and drank it, for some reason i felt happy. she finished that too, i open the another bottle, but this time placing a straw. 

she takes the bottle and realizes there was a straw. "huh? a straw?", she spoke. she turned to see me, smilingly at her. 

"yi jin, what are you doing here?", she asked. "the light was open, so i thought you'd be here", i replied. "oh...why don't you come inside", she smiles. "ah, could i?", i asks. "why do we feel like romeo and juillet?", she asks making me laugh. "i'll come", i smile.

"wow, daebak! this is wild", i said as i began to explore the place. "is it that amazing?", she asked as she sat down. "my first time", i said and sat beside her. "one question, is it hot wearing the suit?", i ask. "kind of", she replied. "could i feel it", i ask. "sure", she replied. "wow, it's thick", i said. "it sure is, it hurts when you get hit", she said.

"what about the sword thingy, is it heavy?", i ask. "oh, that's not that light", she replied. "really?", i said while holding the sword. "just asking, why is that red and the rest isn't", i ask. "it's ko yu rim's, she's been apart of international competitions and she's also in the national team", she replied while fixing her hair. 

"could you breathe when you put that mask on?", i ask. "yes but it feels limited, you sure have a lot of questions", she replied making me chuckle.

"could i try it on? the fencing gear", i ask. "sure, they're was a boy team until 3 years ago", she replied. "fine!", i said. 

"is this how you put it on?", i ask. "come over here", she commanded. 

she zips the suit all the way to the top, i feel my heart fluttering continuously. "ready, let's play a match. you got 3 minutes to take me down, i'll play only defense", she said. 

"fine, but if the winner wins the loser has to grant a wish", i said. "fine" she spoke and put on hear mask. 

"en garde...prêt...allez!", she yell and started the countdown. 

First try: failed "aaahh~", i yell

Second try: failed

"only 30 seconds", reminded hee do. "30 seconds", i said. "ah, full house! volume 14 is out!", i said. "MWO?", she said. 

Third try: success 

"yes! i win", i was happy. "mwo? 14 volume came out?", asked she as she removed her mask. "no...", i replied. "ash! why did you-", she finally realized. "are you sure you'll be fine, with that level of concentration i bet you're gonna be taken down in a minute", i said.

"ash, but you can't talk...that's against the rules!", she said. "is it? and even if so why did you reply?", i said. "ash, you!", she was flustered.

"you know i ranked 26th, i shouldn't be dreaming of being first place at the tryouts", she said. i look at her, "i don't get disappointed when my dreams don't come true, i'm used to losing and failing", she said. 

"everyone wishes to have that ability to be strong minded like you, hee do. they're don't want to be scared when the lose or fail. sometimes, i wish i could take that from you. i feel like that explains why i miss you when i feel really...mentally weak", i said. the lights went off.

i got up and started walking. i take the sword which she was holding, pressing it to my chest, flashing the green light. 

"to me, you're the most experienced fencer there is when it comes to losing and failing. those loses and fails were blocks to build yourself stairs leading you up. think about it, just take your time and climb it and take whatever you want", i said. she looks down.

she slashed me lightly, causing the green light to glow

she slashed me lightly, causing the green light to glow. "why do you root for me, when my own mother doesn't?", she ask. "you give me hope", i simply answer.

"hope?", she said

--home--

i thought of walking hee do to her home, "good night", she says. "good night, do you best...and don't forget about the things i told you", i said. "of course, which one should i not forget about", she said making me chuckle.

"whichever struck you the most", i said. 

"why do you root for me?  when my own mother doesn't?"

"because you give me hope and i want more for you"

"seeing you trying really hard makes me want to try hard"

"you make other people do well, not just yourself..."

"i can see that. i praise for it, that's why i root of you, na hee do"

"do well and i hope my support reaches you, wherever you are...hee do-yah"

"i'm going to take your support", said hee do. i look down and smile. "you are one of a kind, hee do", i said. "okay", she said and smiled. she started walking, "hold on, take this", she said holding the sword. "don't forget about me, baek yi jin", she said. "arasseo, go in now", i said.