chapter one: i got you, babe

A/N: settling into a new job plus the first chapter curse that seems to plague me really slowed down this chapter

A/N: settling into a new job plus the first chapter curse that seems to plague me really slowed down this chapter. I'm so sorry for the wait but I got there, finally. It's quite dialogue heavy which is unsual for me but I hope it helps sets the vibe of this Bucky. I love him already.

Please don't forget to interact, vote and comment. First chapters are always nervewracking to put out.

____________

LOS FELIZ, L.A.

Bucky remembers Violet. Actually no, Bucky remembers his best friend's sixteen-year-old sister who hadn't quite lost the roundness of her childhood chubby cheeks and had a different shade of hair chalk in her mousy blonde braids every time he saw her.

The woman on his front step is slimmer, blonder. Her pretty features illuminated in the dim light by his front door, including the unmistakable Roger's nose that he's so fond of.

Speaking of Rogers, Bucky has a few choice words for Steve right now. When his best friend called him yesterday, asking if he still needed a roommate, Bucky had been a little distracted. Reeling from the unexpected breakup text from Will as Steve rattled on about his sister wanting to move to LA, he said yes without thinking. But then, how was he to know he would be coming home tonight tipsy — and hard — to her waiting outside his apartment?

Bucky is 99% sure he asked Steve to pass on his number to Violet so they could talk everything through. But then again, thoughts often drift through his head like clouds when he's distracted. Important clouds gain his attention and then he'll glance away for a moment and poof, the important cloud is gone, giving way to a cloud shaped like a dick (probably) or tits (most likely). So, there's a very high chance he forgot.

"Bucky?"

The breathless voice beside him brings Bucky back to the present, in the back of an Uber with a man he had every intention of fucking tonight. Looks like that's out the window.

"Fuck— shit, Jack. I'm sorry." The words are slurred as he drops his head to Jack's shoulder, "I didn't know she was arriving today."

"What? I can't hear you when you're mumbling into my shirt," the other man chuckles.

"My friend's sis—" Bucky hiccups, "sister."

He points over his shoulder and waits for Jack to clock Violet.

"Oh. Well, you should probably go let the poor girl in."

"But I wanna fuck you," Bucky grumbles, "I was gonna fuck you and now I can't and— UGH."

"Bucky, you have my number. It's not the end of the world."

It sure as fuck feels like it.

"But... I'm so hard," he whines, "fuck."