ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6: ᴡʜᴀᴛ?

Tanjiro touched his face, is that really him in the mirror? Long burgundy hair that goes down to his waist, the ends faded to a brighter red/orange color, he had face markings that looked like flames, and his fangs looked longer and sharper, his claws did too, and faded to red. But—his eyes, his eyes, blood red eyes mixed with a golden color, and kanji, that wrote uppermoon zero. Wasn't there only 6 uppermoon ranks? But zero is less than one, is...is he stronger than uppermoon 1? This has to be a joke, Tanjiro panicked, but then a sudden pain hit him, he was hungry...starving, was it all the blood Muzan gave him? He held his stomach, but couldn't resist the urge to find something to eat...flesh. Tanjiro was panting, it was painful, he was really hungry...Tanjiro heard Muzan call someone's name, and they would be teleported to somewhere.

"N-nakime..."

Tanjiro called out, and suddenly he was transported to a room, where 2 dead bodies laid on the floor, and he lunged at them, he ate, he was hungry, he wasn't thinking right, as he finished eating, he got his senses back, he looked at his hands in horror, blood covered his hands and claws.

"I-I..."

There was no denying it, Tanjiro knew he was truly a demon now. Suddenly he was transported somewhere, and then he saw, he was standing next to Muzan...Tanjiro got angry, knowing Muzan's the one who made him like this, but he didn't show it, there's nothing he could do anyways...

"I will be leaving now, remember what I said."

Muzan said as the sound of a biwa was heard, and he disappeared. Tanjiro looked at the uppermoons, who then bowed to him

"Why are you bowing?"

Tanjiro said to the uppermoons confused

"You're our second leader now, when Muzan-sama is busy, you are to order us"

"W-what?"

Many Months later

Tanjiro gave up on being human again, there was nothing he could do, he was a superior, and so he acted like one when needed, but now, he just treats the uppermoons like family, he had to learn to like them, and they had to learn to like him. His blood demon art is pyrokinesis, he is able to burn anyone/anything brutally, to demons, the fire feels like sunlight. And now, as a demon, he goes by the name: Kagutsuchi, when low level demons refer to him. However higher demons, like uppermoons still call him Tanjiro, because he doesn't feel to comfortable with other names. Tanjiro is known and feared by the other demons as they never got to meet him, the uppermoons are fierce and powerful and thats why they expected for Tanjiro to act like. However he still keeps his human traits, the kindness, and brightness he always showed before, and he rarely ever shows his demonic side, unless angered. The demon slayer corps had to learn to forget him, although they all will remember him in their hearts, Tanjiro remembers them in his heart too, he hates Muzan, but still treats him as a superior, as he doesn't know what Muzan can do to him. Tanjiro found out he is able to alter his appearance to look like a human, like Muzan. He also found out he can eat humans food to satisfy his hunger, although he cannot taste it. He has never willingly hurt or ate a human, except when he was just turned into uppermoon zero, but he likes to pretend he didnt. Tanjiro is aloud to go outside, only if accompanied by another uppermoon, or more. Tanjiro gained the trust of Muzan and can now keep his nichirn blade with him. He rarely uses it though. Today, he was out with uppermoons 1, 2, and 3 because they had nothing better to do.

"The moon looks quite lovely today, doesn't it Tanjiro-sama~"

Douma said to Tanjiro who smiled, Akaza glared at Douma, and Kokoshibo sat down by a river. Tanjiro was in his human form, because he was more comfortable being a 'human' outside. He walked over to the river that Kokushibo sat beside, and pat his head. Akaza and Douma came over and sat by the river as well

"I think i lost my Nichirn Blade when we walked here, I'll go find it really quick, I'll be back!"

Douma looked at Tanjiro sadly

"Awh...ok..."

Akaza looked at Douma annoyed

Tanjiro left the 3 alone and went to find his blade on the path they took to come here, he saw a figure in the darkness with...his blade, so he sprinted towards them. Black hair, ocean blue eyes, a special haori, one side patterned, the other a dark red—it was Giyuu...

"Giyuu-san..."

Tanjiro said, tearing up

"T-Tanjiro...? Is that you?"

Giyuu said with a shaky voice

Tanjiro ran over to Giyuu tightly hugging him, Giyuu dropped Tanjiro's blade on the floor surprised with the hug, he started to cry

"Tanjiro....where were you? We thought you died! W-we missed you so much!"

"I'm sorry! I'm okay now"

Tanjiro said, as he gave Giyuu a smile, the bright caring smile they all missed

"Let's head back to the HQ..."

Tanjiro wanted to see them all again, he missed them so much, without thinking about it properly, he exclaimed yes, and left with Giyuu

With the demons

"Ne...where's Tanjiro-sama? He said he would come back quickly..."

Douma said, worried, which caught the other two's attention

"You're right...where is he?"

Kokushibo said concerned

They left to where Tanjiro had gone, and didn't find him

"We're gonna be in so much trouble..."

Akaza said